Config Migration

Get help and insight.
K1Hbrew
Bot?: No

Config Migration

Post by K1Hbrew »

I just did a firmware update from 3.6 to 4.1.2 (starting to wish I didn’t since all I really use is manual mode). Prior to this I did the back utility, which basically just created a new browser tap with a bunch of text and numeric values. I copied this and saved to a file. I am now trying to run the migration utility, but no matter how I enter the IP address the check mark is red, which I presume is bad since nothing seems to happen. The IP address is the same one I used to get to launch the BCS utilities. Added http:// preceding and / following the address, but the red check mark stays and nothing happens when I select Begin Migration.
K1Hbrew

Re: Config Migration

Post by K1Hbrew »

Other than losing my basic setup, what I am really worried about losing is the temperature probe coefficients as it took a lot of work to get these working for my probes, and I really don’t remember where I got the correct values from. Can these be retrieved from the cfg file?
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

sometimes you have to add a trailing “/“ to the ip. So try
Http://192.168.0.201/ if your up is 192.168.0.201

You can also try one of the other utilities and enter the ip there

You can still use Manual Control of any out as long it is not controlled by a process. When you open the BCS, it is in a Manual Configuration.

You can simply click on an Out Retangular Box on the Main Control Panel to turn on or off an Out
K1Hbrew

Post by K1Hbrew »

I have tried the backup utility as well, same thing. Tried with and without / at the end. I can literally copy what I'm trying and paste into browser and it opens the BCS web page. I no longer need to migrate as I only had simple processes', which I really didn't use anyways, and I found my temp coefficient in my 3.6 backup. I would like to be able to back up in the future though, so I still want to get this to work.
Ask I see where you can turn something on from main page, but did not see how to control setpoint without a process like you could in 3.6 manual mode.
K1Hbrew

Post by K1Hbrew »

So, I should mention I have been trying to do the migration or backup form a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10. I just tried doing a backup from a Samsung android tablet and that worked without issue.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Chrome on the Surface will likely work just fine. IE/Edge are not supported browsers.
K1Hbrew

Post by K1Hbrew »

Ah yes, using edge on the surface.
K1Hbrew

Post by K1Hbrew »

Just to note, backup worked on my the Surface Pro using Chrome instead of Edge.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Well, the good news is MS is developing an Edge replacement that will use the Chromium engine. They've finally realized their browser isn't cutting it.
K1Hbrew

Post by K1Hbrew »

I should of realized it sooner as well, thank you all for your help!