Network connection lost during temp setpoint changes

Get help and insight.
traprock
Bot?: No

Network connection lost during temp setpoint changes

Post by traprock »

It seems there is a bug in the firmware of the BCS-482. Whenever I attempt to change the setpoint temperature of a FV1 while a process is running the BCS-482 will crash the network interface. While it appears that the NIC on the BCS-482 is still sending/receiving packets (the yellow led blinks on the RJ-45 jack) all attempts at a connection is futile. It just simply doesn’t work. The only recourse is to perform a reset to the factory default by pressing the Reset button on the BCS-482. Of course all configurations and processes are lost and have to be re-entered or restored from a backup.

So, my question is, has there been an update to the firmware to address this? If not, I think we need to escalate this ASAP. I really need to get this online ASAP as it will impact our plans for implementing our expansion to a 3 bbl system and fermentation. But I can’t afford to have the fermentation control system loose connectivity from changing setpoints on individual FV’s. And all 4, 6 or 8 tanks that will be connected will have different schedules and different setpoints during their fermentation processes. So I’ll need to make changes to setpoints dynamically. Not something I want to do by “Stop all” and changing “Processes”.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: Network connection lost during temp setpoint changes

Post by oakbarn »

Did restore from a 462. Backup. I have found that be be an issue with the set point change. I agree, needs to be fixed.