Import old receips files

Get help and insight.
gpb49
Bot?: No

Import old receips files

Post by gpb49 »

How can I import my recipe files that I have backed up from my previous version of BCS in to the new version

Thank You for your time
oakbarn

Re: Import old receips files

Post by oakbarn »

What BCS do you have? I do not think you can load a saved export file from the Recipe Utility from a 462 to a 482 :( . If you never exported and old Recipe file in the Recipe Utility, you have nothing to load.
gpb49

Post by gpb49 »

I have updated my BCS 460 to firmware 4.1.2

Thank you
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

You had to save any of your variables using the export on the Menu of the Recipe Utility. The "data" resides in the Browser cache and can easily be deleted by clearing browser history. Additionally, it is native to a specific computer if you have more than one. You can export and then import a JSON file. This is a different file from a Backup file that you can "restore". You export (save) on the Recipe Utility screen Menu (Three dash lines)
ru.png
ru.png (8.33 KiB) Viewed 9417 times
gpb49

Backup or Recipe utility

Post by gpb49 »

I Have been backing up from the back up and restore utility and sending it to my documents and up to my cloud. Am I doing this wrong? should I be using the Recipe Utility? I don't want to lose my work.

Thanks for your time
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

The Restore and Backup Utility backup file is a different file than the EXPORT file for the recipe utility. You click on the recipe utility then the menu icon ( three lines: upper right) to EXPORT a recipe file. You can IMPORT the file you exported. The normal backup does not save the recipe data. It is different. It is very easy to “lose” your recipe data. It resides in the browser cache. Any time your browser history is cleared, it is gone.