BCS 482 Locks up

Get help and insight.
Medic_Slim
Bot?: No

BCS 482 Locks up

Post by Medic_Slim »

Anyone else having trouble with the 482? My unit has locked up I bet a dozen times and every time I have to do a hard reset to get any response. This happens during my brewday... Getting frustrated.
oakbarn

Re: BCS 482 Locks up

Post by oakbarn »

Yes. Did you use a 462/460 backup to restore the 482? I have had happen several times. I think
It may have something to do with Setpoint changes but not sure.

I would reset to defaults and build your processes and settings from scratch
Medic_Slim

Post by Medic_Slim »

I've done that multiple times... is their a newer firmware?
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

No. It is a pita when it happens. Could also have something to do with two less outs.
dlehr2002

Post by dlehr2002 »

I have nothing but problems. All it has to do is run two refrigerators. Took 5 hours to program because at random points is would lock up and have to be factory reset and I had to start from scratch each time. I tried backing up each step but after I added more than one process the restore will hang after the first process. I eventually got the two simple processes programmed and it worked for about a month. I gave up on backing it up. Then it locked up leaving the refrigerator output engaged thus freezing 20 gallons of wort. Thanks for that. Now I can't even get past programming process 2. In on case all I did was change the name of the thing and it locked up and had to factor reset. I've removed all inputs and outputs and hung a scope on the input and output voltages and it still eventually locks up and I have to start over. As a hardware/software engineer for 40 years, this product is disappointing to say the least.
Medic_Slim

Post by Medic_Slim »

Has anyone had any luck getting ahold of anyone with embedded control? I have sent emails and no reply as of yet. This 482 is JUNK. I cant even do a hard reset now. Not a happy brewer
dlehr2002

Post by dlehr2002 »

New development. I added a watchdog process that emails me every 2 hours so I know it hasn't crapped out again. This worked for about a month and now it will send me 4 in a row every 8-10 hours. Factory reset, reloaded backup but same thing. The issues this thing has are getting worse.
Medic_Slim

Post by Medic_Slim »

This is absolutely insane... cant get anyone from Embed CC to even answer an email. They just leave brewers hanging. I HATE THIS POS
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

We've been trying to get to the bottom of the issue, but it was very sporadic and for some reason doesn't affect everyone.

Brent got a new firmware posted up yesterday. Please load this and let us know how it's working. It's solved the lockup issue on the tested units.

https://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3187