BCS-460 network does not recognize

Get help and insight.
alowell
Bot?: No

BCS-460 network does not recognize

Post by alowell »

My brewery was inactive for about 2 years and I am now trying to connect with my old BCS-460 again. In the 2 years, I got a new laptop as well as a new router and google wifi mesh wireless system. I cannot for the life of me find BCS-460 or get it to show on my computer. I Have version 3.7.1 of BCS firmware (based on backup), can I use the new BCS finder utility or do I need to use the older version? Any help would be appreciated, as it is pretty frustrating, Thanks
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS-460 network does not recognize

Post by JonW »

You need the old BCS finder with 3.x series. The new finder only works with 4.x series.

Make sure the BCS is not on a wireless extender or other bridge device. Plug it directly into your router to get a DHCP address. Was it previously on DHCP or did it have a hard-coded IP address? If it was hard-coded, it may be defined on a different subnet address than your new router is using. If that is the case, you should reset it to defaults to get it into DHCP mode.
alowell

Post by alowell »

OK, actually found the old finder. My next question is where do the firmware upgrade files live now? I remember going to the wiki site for them previously, but I can't locate them now. Any help in upgrading the firmware would be appreciated, this has been a bear resurrecting the system. Thanks
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

alowell

Post by alowell »

Thanks Jon, I appreciate it. Just a little rusty in getting back into it. What was the latest version of BCS 3.x? Just wondering what the upgrades were to version 4 and if it is worth updating. Kind of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality for me and getting my system to operate. Thanks again
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

4.x made huge advancements in usability by adding multiple processes/state viewing and controlling on the main screen. The UI is also much faster. There really is no reason to stay on 3.x.

Check out the demos at http://demo.embeddedcc.com/
alowell

Post by alowell »

OK, updated to latest of version 4. I am using the 3.x migrator to load my configuration files into ver 4. When I load the system config file, the migrator seems to not be able to complete and gets hung up on output 6 (the green bar never completely fills). Has anyone seen this?
MIgrator Pause.png
MIgrator Pause.png (187.59 KiB) Viewed 9787 times
alowell

Post by alowell »

moved migration issue to new troubleshooting thread