Incomplete migration of ver 3.x system settings

Get help and insight.
alowell
Bot?: No

Incomplete migration of ver 3.x system settings

Post by alowell »

I'm starting a new thread on this as it was tacked onto another one of my issues. I recently updated to latest 4.x version from 3.7.1. Using the 3x migrator utility , I was able to fully transfer (methinnks) all of my .config processes, but when I try to migrate my system setting .config, it seems like it does not complete. It seems to pause at output 6. Is this all of the settings it needs to migrate? screenshot below. Any help would be appreciated.
MIgrator Pause.png
MIgrator Pause.png (187.59 KiB) Viewed 9490 times
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Incomplete migration of ver 3.x system settings

Post by JonW »

I'll need to have Brent look at the code. It's quite possible something broke in one of the latest firmware releases due to new API features. This utility doesn't see much use or discussion since it was used by most a few years back making the jump to 4.x.

Honestly, if it's just your system config, it'll only take about 5 minutes to input the names and options.
alowell

Post by alowell »

I am unclear on what is contained in the system settings. Are temperature probe calibrations contained in here? I would say it would be easy to input manually, but I have no way to see what I had as my system settings in ver 3 or know what is encompassed in system settings. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

It's pretty much what's on your "Settings" page. If you've custom calibrated your temp probes, you can open your backup file in a text editor and see the values stored there.
alowell

Post by alowell »

When I open in Notepad, I get this, Is there a better way to organize this data in a text editor? Thanks
Attachments
notepad.png
notepad.png (216.54 KiB) Viewed 9478 times
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

It is a flat file meaning it has no line breaks. You might be able to create an excel macro to parse it.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Click "Format" then "Word Wrap" to see the data.

If you can't figure it out, you can send your backup file to me and I'll pull the relevant data from it. I can also see if I can do a clean conversion, but short on time right now, so we'll see.

tech@embeddedcc.com