BCS-482 Can't change set points

Get help and insight.
MiguelG
Bot?: No

BCS-482 Can't change set points

Post by MiguelG »

I will preface this with the fact that I am not too familiar with all the tech lingo. My BCS-482 disappeared from the network last week. I thought it was a router problem so i reset the router. The BCS showed back up with a different IP address. I was able to connect to it and it was working normally. Yesterday it disappeared again. Tried the same router reset and nothing. Found this forum and did a reset on the BSC (30 sec button press to be safe) then it showed back up on my network. Now I can go to the IP address and see the BCS and temp probe readings but am unable to make any changes to temps. I tired this several times with the same results. The only light on is the one below the reset button. I purchased this thing from Electric Brewing Supply and it came assembled in a panel box so i don't have any cables, manuals or anything for the BCS. Will a firmware update resolve this? What cable do i need connect to this thing? Below is the response i got from EBS. LIke i said before I'm not great with all the tech lingo so any direction would help. Thank you all
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS-482 Can't change set points

Post by JonW »

The IP address issue sounds like it is your router not giving the same address on DHCP renewal. You should set a reservation for the BCS in your router so that it is always issued the same IP address.

How are you going about trying to change the setpoints? You need to set initial temperatures in a process/state, then you can change those when that process/state is active.
MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

I used to be able to set the temperature by going to Temp Setpoint Adjust. now there is no information there. The arrows on the main control panel are also gone. I went into process/state and tried to set up the outputs to hysteresis but the heat/cool drop down, temp probe, setpoint and swing tab stay blanked out.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

What browser are you using? We suggest Chrome.
MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

I'm using Chrome.
MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

When i move the output control setting to hysteresis the message up top says setting could not be saved.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

If temp setpoint adjust has no entries, then no process/state is active that has a setpoint to change.

If the devices are disabled in the process editor, then it sounds like the outputs and/or temp probes are disabled in your main settings.

You said before you did a hard reset on it. Check the settings. Some screenshots for troubleshooting here would help.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Do you have the process running while you're trying to edit it? You need to stop the process.
MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

Ok, that worked thanks!