Exiting manual mode in "unclean" manner

Get help and insight.
gbrewer
Bot?: No

Exiting manual mode in "unclean" manner

Post by gbrewer »

I have done several test sessions using my new rims tube while running in manual mode. Twice, since it wasn't an actual process, I simply closed my browser and shut down my computer once the test was concluded. I then unplugged my brewing control panel and put it away.

When I started everything up for the next use, I noticed that the manual mode was running at startup. The only issue was the manual button on the GUI was not showing that manual mode was activated. The only way I new the manual mode was still running was due to the indicator lights for the "out's" showing on and off.

I know the simple answer is simply hitting the ALL STOP button prior to shutdown, but I wanted to point this out.
ohio-ed

Re: Exiting manual mode in "unclean" manner

Post by ohio-ed »

Yes, this is something to keep in mind...

The BCS is an independent network appliance. Closing the browser and shutting down the computer has no effect on the BCS. This is actually a feature of the BCS... You don't have to have a PC connected for it to continue processing.

I have a control panel with "Hand-Off-Auto" selector switches for each output, and always set them to the Off position when finished with a session.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

I do as well. It works great.

The real issue I had was when reconnecting to the BCS, you don't have a way of knowing what process is running. It doesn't activate the "button" showing what process is activated upon reconnect. You only know that something is running by looking at the "out's" on the bottom of the page.
ECC

Post by ECC »

If you power down the BCS, which it sounds like you do, the BCS should always come up with all outputs off and all processes (incl manual mode) disabled. Unless the 'Force run at Powerup' option is enabled for that specific process.

I wonder if something is not getting zeroed out properly at boot up. I'll try to recreate this.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Fixed in v3.2.