Temperature Probe Identification

Get help and insight.
ChuckO2999
Bot?: No

Temperature Probe Identification

Post by ChuckO2999 »

I noticed that while running a process with an alternate PID that the Temperature Probe Association shows the Discrete Input, not the temperature probe, but with the same number. The appropriate PID is active though.
ECC

Re: Temperature Probe Identification

Post by ECC »

Which firmware are you running? This was a bug in v2.1 and earlier, but should be fixed.
bad coffee

Post by bad coffee »

How do I find which version of the firmware I'm using? I'm getting the same message with the Din instead of Temp 5 and Temp 6.

Do you recommend I update the firmware before I program everything?

I'm working on a step-by-step setup writeup as I program my BCS. The Wiki is helpful, but there's a lot of small steps and answers that seem to be left out.

B
ECC

Post by ECC »

The firmware version can be found on the System Settings page, under Firmware update. There is a bug with the 462 displaying temperature associations with probes 4:7.
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... ata#Errata

The background of this problem is that there was a problem with Alt PID associations in v3.0, which was fixed in v3.1. However the fix broke (462 only) temp probe displays for temps [4:7]. This is an interface display problem only, whatever probe is associated in the System Settings page (or Alt PID), is the one the BCS is using to control the output.
ECC

Post by ECC »

coffee, a step by step guide would be great. The wiki is admittedly sparse. But you could help both causes by writing your step-by-step guide IN the wiki! Anyone can update it where they see info missing/lacking. Just sign up for a userid.

Updating the firmware before you start programming is probably a good idea. However firmware updates, at least for a while, will continue to be compatible with old programming. v3.1 is the current release, but all of your configuration files will be compatible with the next release when it comes out, which will be v3.2.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Fixed in v3.2.