Firmware Update help...

Get help and insight.
brahn
Bot?: No

Re: Firmware Update help...

Post by brahn »

WolfPlott wrote:No. They are always off. I haven't seen them on since before the firmware update.
That's very strange, it does sound like something went wrong during the upgrade process. I could see something like that happening if it lost power during the upgrade process, but I've never seen anything like that happen when flashing new firmware. I'll send you a PM.
MaxOut

Post by MaxOut »

I got to the reset button it is towards the front. I am unable to see the BCS with the BCS finder even before I did the update and the BCS was accessible. Ive only done the 15 second reset.
brahn

Post by brahn »

How is your network set up? What IPs/subnet do you use? DHCP? Wired/Wireless? Router, directly connected to PC?

It's pretty strange that BCS Finder wouldn't work before, it should find anything that's on the same subnet as the PC running the finder, unless maybe you've got some firewall software blocking it.
MaxOut

Post by MaxOut »

That is possible as I run Norton? I just turned off the firewall and still cant find the BCS with the BCS finder?

I sent you a PM Brahn.

Thanks,

(UPDATE) Brahn you are the man!!! Got me going in record time. Thanks Again!!!
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

Thought I'd give a heads up to others on a few issues I ran into when updating in case anyone else has some problems.

--Do not change the name of the firmware file after you download-- You'll get failed file upload messages when running the TFTP.

--If you have password protection enabled when you save your system settings configuration file for reloading after the update you will need to use the default username: admin and PW: control

Can't wait to check out the updates- Thanks guys!!

EDIT:::
I seem to be having issues loading process config files, HMI images and adjusting settings using Firefox-- Chrome and IE seem to work fine though
jeremiahantosch

Post by jeremiahantosch »

Hello,
Just starting to setup a bcs-462 for fermentation control and am experiencing a similar issue after attempting to upgrade to 3.7.1 as the unit was shipped with 3.7.0. Tftp server was sending the file (file name unaltered, in its own folder) and after ca. 10 minutes of 'sending' I power cycled the unit. Network lights flash briefly when powered on and then stay off, confirmed wall wart is sending power. Bcs is directly connected to the router, which has the network lights on. I cannot locate the unit with bcs finder, it is not being given a dhcp from the router, and all three hard reset durations have been tried to no avail (with tftp server set on 192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.63 for the 30 sec+ reset). The bcs worked just fine directly plugged into the router before the update was attempted, any ideas on how to remedy this?
Thanks in advance,
-Jeremiah