Username and Password?

Get help and insight.
RonRock
Bot?: No

Username and Password?

Post by RonRock »

When Authentication is enabled, what is the Username? I found on the Wiki that the Default Password is "control", but no mention of Username. When Authentication is enabled I am prompted for a Username and Password. Is username for Admin the same username as for Observer?
RonRock

Re: Username and Password?

Post by RonRock »

Found it a few posts down. This really should be more easily found.
RonRock

Post by RonRock »

OK, Now that I have changed my password and set a password for Observer. I am unable to get into my User account to make changes to the BCS. It appears that my web interface defaults to Observer. How do I get to the BCS User (ADMIN) account? This is way too difficult. Very frustrated over such a simple task.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Your browser is probably remembering your password and not reprompting you for another one. There is a FAQ for this:
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... _Passwords

I've updated the wiki with some wording to hopefully help avoid future frustration. Please comment if you have something that you would like to add:
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... ord_Change
Authentication and Password Change

When the "Authentication Enable" feature is used, the BCS becomes password protected. Different levels of privilege can be maintained by using different passwords. The User ID is always "admin". There are two password privilege levels, "User" and "Observer".
User Password Change
The 'User' password grants the user all privileges to update the system. The default password is "control". This is the password used when Authentication is enabled. Passwords can be a maximum of 8 characters. During a "Reset to Defaults", the password will also be reset.
Observer Password Change
When logged in with the Observer password, users are able to monitor the BCS-460, but not update settings. The default password is also "control". Change this password to be different than the 'User' password above to grant users 'Observer' privileges. If both passwords are the same, the client will be have 'User' privileges when logged in.
Tip: Browsers remember passwords. When switching back and forth between privilege levels, remember to restart your browser if required.