BCS-462 update to v3.2 problems

Get help and insight.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

BCS-462 update to v3.2 problems

Post by JonW »

I had a heck of a time getting the BCS-462 working with the update (see screenshot). I updated with the new BIN file and everything appears fine. I would then reload my system settings and again it would appear fine showing my probe, input and output names, but as soon as I would do a reset on the controller, it would get scrambled.

I had to reset the controller to the defaults multiple times, then I would reload the config and it would look fine until I either hit APPLY or did a reboot, then it would scramble again. I finally ended up pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds and then after reloading the config it was fine. Not an easy process. :(

I don't think the import is doing any weird field mapping problems because the initial upload works fine and appears properly until I "apply" or "reset". At that point, it seems there is some kind of memory corruption going on.

Is the 10 second reset doing something different that the "Controller to Defaults" is not?
BCS-Update-Errors.png
BCS-Update-Errors.png (112.42 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
ECC

Re: BCS-462 update to v3.2 problems

Post by ECC »

Did you get the "Success" screen after loading the config file? Both Hard Reset and the Default CPU do the same thing.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yes, the initial reload of the config file always gave success. If I then did a browser "back" or went back to the main screen, the names all appeared fine. It wasn't until I did the reset when things got corrupt.
RiverCityBrewer

Post by RiverCityBrewer »

Found what appears to be a huge problem... once I updated to 3.2 and restored my system config, it would no longer accept my password to log into the BCS!! I am 100 percent sure I have the right password, not so sure about admin being the account to log into. Any ideas!?
ECC

Post by ECC »

Passwords revert back to their defaults, which is 'control'. User name is always 'admin'.
RiverCityBrewer

Post by RiverCityBrewer »

Ha, well I guess that explains that... works great now!! thanks for the quick response.

Joe
dober

Post by dober »

When I updated mine to v3.2 it appears the network interface quit working. The network light will not come on.. on the controller. I have verified it does still have power, but I cannot connect to it. Any ideas?