Collect Data - Problem setting

Get help and insight.
ChuckO2999
Bot?: No

Collect Data - Problem setting

Post by ChuckO2999 »

I upgraded to firmware version 3.3 this morning and have noticed a small problem. On the Collect Data screen I can't update either the Left Axis Min. or the Right Axis Min. Both are grayed out and won't accept a change. Also, when viewing Dynamic Update the "Apply" button is not visible, so any changes made to the axis can't be saved.

Looking at the Save Data to File section, it shows the file name one month previous to current date/time, but when I click on the file name, it saves the file with a random name and the extension '.part'. Is this correct?
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: Collect Data - Problem setting

Post by ECC »

Updating the axis minimum was unfortunately a late bug we discovered prior to releasing the firmware. We'll get that in the next rev, it was disabled to allow the release.

There is a note under the chart settings:
"Settings take affect instantly. To modify defaults on reload, use 'Apply' in BCS Stored mode."

All settings in the Dynamic Update mode take effect instantly, and settings when viewing in the BCS Stored mode need to be applied to take effect. Since changing defaults must be saved on the BCS itself, you have to switch to the BCS Stored mode to update the defaults. We did this because we thought allowing dynamically updated setting was important, and it the Apply button was available in the Dynamic Update mode, people would inadvertently update settings that could disrupt their BCS stored data.

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect month bug. We're still investigating why the filename doesn't show up int the save dialog, not quite sure why that is happening.

Thanks for pointing all of these out! With the exception of the Dynamic defaults, we'll try to get them all fixed in the next release.