Timer Problems

Get help and insight.
ChuckO2999
Bot?: No

Timer Problems

Post by ChuckO2999 »

I have a problem with a count up timer. I started it at zero and have an exit condition of 10:00 minutes. The timer only goes to 58 seconds and then starts over at zero.

I ran the update to version 3.3 to see if this would solve the problem. Now I can't communicate with the BCS. I've used the BCSFinder utility with no success and have tried a hard reset without any result. Any suggestions?
ECC

Re: Timer Problems

Post by ECC »

Can you describe your network setup? How is the BCS connected to the network? Was the update successful, i.e., did you see the file transfer? The 'Bytes Transferred' should have counted up very fast.

Do you see network connect/activity lights on the Ethernet connector? When you did the hard reset, was the unit powered on? Hold for about 12 seconds, and release?
ChuckO2999

Post by ChuckO2999 »

Network consists of a hard wired computer to a router, a wireless connection to a second computer and the BCS hard wired to the router. I've also tried to wire the BCS to one of the computers directly.

The file transfer appeared to go correctly, the byte count went up similar to the last time I upgraded. At present the BCS has the yellow connection light on but the green transfer light only blinks twice when power is supplied. With both setups (direct to the computer and through the router) I get no response from BCSfinder. I have terminated my firewall to make certain that nothing is blocking the connection.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Have you tried hardwiring the BCS to the router?
ChuckO2999

Post by ChuckO2999 »

I only connect the BCS to the router hardwired. I have also connected it directly to my computer and have the disabled firewall program to make certain that nothing is blocking the address.
ECC

Post by ECC »

What version were you running previously? Was it a v2.x firmware?

If hard reset isn't working for you , you may have to send it back and I'll update via jtag. I'll PM you the details.
ChuckO2999

Post by ChuckO2999 »

I was running v3.2 before when I had the timer problem. The upgrade to v3.3 caused the lack of communication.