Force Run at Powerup, v3.3

Get help and insight.
ECC
Bot?: No

Force Run at Powerup, v3.3

Post by ECC »

It was pointed out that this doesn't work in v3.3, and verified. This will be fixed soon, but in the meantime I'll post a Ladder Logic work around that accomplishes the same function.
rcrabb22

Re: Force Run at Powerup, v3.3

Post by rcrabb22 »

I just got bit by this. We took a power hit yesterday and I have a warm keezer today. Worst thing I had (2) 2L starters in the the keezer to settle out the yeast for brewing tomorrow. I hope they will be OK. IMHO this is a showstopper and warrants a new release now!
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

I ended up adding a UPS to my BCS460 when I use it for fermentation for this reason. In the old days.. :) we used to not have a force run at powerup feature until it was suggested and added. He will get it fixed and patched out soon. Sorry to read about your starters.
ECC

Post by ECC »

In the meantime, here is a workaround. This basically hardwires the process to always run, so you get the Force Run behavior that you desire. Just put the Process that you want on the right hand side, and wire straight across.
ll_procon.png
ll_procon.png (5.38 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
If needed, you can get more info on Ladder Logic by clicking on the helper link in your BCS which will direct you to the wiki:
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... dder_Logic
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Well, I just tried this work around for my refrigeration process (Proc 7). While it does work and force run Proc 7, it also has the unintended consequence (bug) of turning on Output 7! Believe me, my refrigeration process has nothing defined to use Out7 (my MLT pump). This work around isn't going to work for me.

Edit: Interesting bug. When I force run Proc 6 it also turns on Out 6. When I force run Proc 5, it turns on out 15! I'm not going to bother testing the rest.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Looks like another 462-only bug with ladder logic. Thanks for the heads up Jon, I'll get a fix in asap. This workaround will work for BCS-460's
rcrabb22

Post by rcrabb22 »

Thanks for the response. I was angry when I wrote about my issues. The starters were fine and I have 10 gal of what I hope to be a good pale ale about a week away from the kegs.
ECC

Post by ECC »

fixed v3.4