Digi16 Won't Fire Outputs

Get help and insight.
CJKogut
Bot?: No

Digi16 Won't Fire Outputs

Post by CJKogut »

I just hooked up my new Digi 16 which I will use to control a bunch of 24VAC loads (gas valve and solenoid valves). I am using a direct connect to the BCS460 running a newly update V3.3 firmware and I have enabled the exp0 for the new card, which is un-powered (I also tried enabling all 4 card settings). I see the expansion port outputs in the edit processes menu. I have tried every setting I can think of, but can't get ANY output on the digi16 to operate. I'm using a multimeter directly on the card and get no DC output on any of the 11 outputs. I have a green indicator light illuminated on the card. I checked the wiring diagram. EXP 0 and EXP 1 on the BCS460 and the Digi16 are wired together respectively. Ground is connected between the 2 cards and +5dc between the cards. None of the DC grounds are grounded to the panel chassis, just to the ground on the card(s) and the appropriate side of the inputs to the SSR's. My BCS460 outputs seem to work fine, but I get nothing out of the Digi16 outputs.

Any help?
ECC

Re: Digi16 Won't Fire Outputs

Post by ECC »

Have you tried unplugging the BCS and repowering? This has bit me before, there is a setup packet sent out during the BCS boot that configures the digi16. If you plugged it in when the BCS was already running, it won't see the packet.

Maybe in the next rev I'll have it send out the config packet every 10sec or so such that it will work when hot-swapped.
CJKogut

Re: Digi16 Won't Fire Outputs

Post by CJKogut »

Success!

Turned off and on a couple of times and got things working. Control of the Digi16 outputs was not how I imagined it, but can work for me. Thanks for the support.