Timers don't change names on state change

Get help and insight.
Pilzner
Bot?: No

Timers don't change names on state change

Post by Pilzner »

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but when I program a state I want the timer 'name' to be visible for that state only.

In other words:

State 1 needs a Timer named Mash
State 2 needs a Timer named Mash Out

I don't want to show the timer 'Mash' in state 2, so I rename the Timer 1 to Mash Out......the thing is that this also renames the timer in my State 1 to Mash Out.

Should I look at this in a different way?

Thanks
Baron Ken

Re: Timers don't change names on state change

Post by Baron Ken »

The edit processes page can be a little confusing. There are 4 timers available per process and they can be enabled/disabled independently for a state. The timer names are the same for all states within the process.
The same goes for the 4 web input buttons.

It should actually be laid out on the screen better. Having the Timers Used in this State section have edit boxes for the timer names seems to imply that each state has its' own set of 4 timers.

In the Process section it should have a section for the 4 timer names (and the 4 web input names) and then in the State section it should allow for the setup of the timers/web inputs for that state. Granted, it does work fine as is, once you know there are only 4 timers/web inputs per process. ;)

EDIT: Also, I believe the Registers names are set for the system (not per process).
ECC

Re: Timers don't change names on state change

Post by ECC »

Timers are a per Process resources. What this means is that each Process has four timers, and all of the states within that process share the timers. Since only one state can be active in any given process, they can all use all four timers if needed. But the naming of a timer can't be unique per state.

There have been some past feature requests by other users to only display timers if they are active in a state, which is being seriously considered.