cant connect to BCS any more

Get help and insight.
Miket1099
Bot?: No

cant connect to BCS any more

Post by Miket1099 »

So I bought an airport express to try and hook up the bcs wirelessly, I do not have any networking experience and I changed some settings and now I can not get into my BCS even through a cat 5 cable hooked straight to my computer. I had it hook thought a cat 5 cable to my airport express while changing a few settings trying to get it to work and I think I might of changed something that has locked me out from the control and I could be wrong cause I kinda don't know what I am doing with this yet. so if any body could help me Im at lost for what do do now

Mike
gbrewer

Re: cant connect to BCS any more

Post by gbrewer »

A Hard Reset will bring the BCS-460 back to system default. There is a small access hole in the side of the controller. Using a small non-metallic tool, depress the switch inside the controller. The switch is located at an upward angle, so the non-metallic tool should be tilted slightly. The controller must be powered up while depressing the Hard Reset button. To ensure that Hard Reset is depressed, you must feel a small click when depressing the switch.
There are a few different functions, depending on how long the switch is depressed.

Depress switch longer than 10 seconds, less than 20 seconds then Release
The BCS-460 must be powered up when the switch is depressed. This will erase all saved settings, and reset the controller to defaults. The controller will then reset itself, and try to obtain and IP address from the DHCP server, as described in Network Connectivity.

Depress switch longer than 20 seconds, less than 30 seconds then Release
The controller will reset the static IP address to http://192.168.0.63 (port 80). The MAC address is reset back to factory defaults, and DHCP is disabled. All other system settings are left intact.
Miket1099

Re: cant connect to BCS any more

Post by Miket1099 »

Thanks for the information gbrewer I have been busy and not been able to ge to it hopefully this weekend I can try to reset it and hoepfully get it to connect to my router.