Faulty unit or faulty user

Get help and insight.
mashin
Bot?: No

Faulty unit or faulty user

Post by mashin »

So built my stand about 2 years ago using a BCS460 and due to extraneous life circumstances, I haven't brewed with it until about 2 weeks ago. So I'm running v3.1 and I've set up process 1-3 for different mash regimes with my RIMS system and none of them work, PID doesn't work, Timer doesn't work, etc... I did setup a Process 7 and it seems to work fine. But also none of the thermometers are displaying on the Main Page and the overall visual display looks like html errors are occurring when I compare them to what I'm seeing on the ECC page.

Okay so thought it was because I may be running an old version, so went to update the unit's firmware and a) can't get any processes or config to save b) can't seem to get TFTP to recognize the BCS unit. I have to unplug the unit each time I try to save the processes or hit the Update Mode button as it stops talking with the computer. When I'm hitting the Update Mode button it says something like "web browser user" up top instead of the BCS unit's IP address as shown in a visual on the Firmware Update page. So I will enter my computer's IP Client address in the field...and that's it...won't hear anything again from the BCS unit until I shut it down & restart it. The TFTP interface just stares back at me doing nothing. I have saved the bcs460.bin to my desktop and the current directory is set to my desktop. Something similar happens when I try to save processes, I hit save and that's the last i hear from the BCS unit.

Help!!
mashin

Re: Faulty unit or faulty user

Post by mashin »

sometimes helps to read...just saw in the v1.3 update thread to turn off anti-virus & firewalls. I do believe there is anti-virus software running so will try those suggestions.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

You might also check what version of internet browser you are running. Not sure about the other issues you are having but the thermometer not displaying could be related to outdated web browsers.
ECC

Post by ECC »

I would recommend doing a hard reset as well. That will get you back to system defaults.

If you are still having issues, you can always send it back and we'll update the firmware and give it a checkout for the cost of shipping.
don.fief@comcast.net

Post by don.fief@comcast.net »

I had to use Chrome, or IE9. Lower version of IE would not work with the BCS...

Don