New State Exit Result

Things to come.
ChuckO2999
Bot?: No

New State Exit Result

Post by ChuckO2999 »

Would it be possible to set up a state exit to pause the process? As an example:

I have a RIMS system constantly recirculating the mash through the RIMS tube. If I get a reduced flow rate due to losing prime or a problem with the manifold I have an exit condition set up to halt my process if the RIMS temperature is greater than 190 deg. At present I must restart my process by forcing a state jump to the current state after solving the problem and loose current timer values.

I would like to have an additional exit result that goes to "Pause" as well as the one that goes to "Process Off." Clicking the "Resume Process" button could then go back to the state that caused the exit condition without any loss of timer values.
Tom_FL

Re: New State Exit Result

Post by Tom_FL »

I would love to have the same option.
MaxOut

Post by MaxOut »

Create a state called "Pause or RIMS Overtemp" within your process and continue timers from previous state. In this state you can have the heat off and pump running. Manually stop flow on output of pump and get flowing. Make an exit condition in this state that automatically goes back to the previous state once the temp drops to a specific range, or set up a WIN button to RESUME mash, Or manually jump back to the state.
cscade

Post by cscade »

MaxOut has got the right idea here. Use an extra state as your pause or "wait" state, set your outputs as needed, and then use a WIN button to jump back into action when the time is right.