Feature Requests to aid orientation

Things to come.
Yorg
Bot?: No

Feature Requests to aid orientation

Post by Yorg »

Hi,
Got my bcs up and going, and configuring my processes and testing them. Knowing where I am in my overarching process for the brew day can be difficult.
Some requests to aid orientation in the Main Control Window:

1/
Only show on the screen Win Buttons and Timers that are used in the active State or, as a fall back, make them distinguishable in some way, such as greying out those that are not used or highlighting those that are relevant. Currently it can get quite confusing knowing exactly where a process is when its running, and which is the relevant button to generate the exit from the State, as buttons and timers relevant to earlier States are still present.

2/
Running Processes are divorced from the Process displayed in the Main window. This is understandable since more than one Process can be running at once, but only one State can be shown at a time. As Processes are moved through during the brew day, a State from much earlier can be occupying the main window, and this can get confusing. So, allow expand / collapse in the left column that lists the Processes, with the States listed underneath each Process, so as to be able to see not only the running Processes (as indicated by the lit indicator), but the specific State that is running within the Process. Place a button next to each State in this list, which, when pressed, will display the State in the main window.

Cheers.
Backyard Brewer
Bot?: No

Re: Feature Requests to aid orientation

Post by Backyard Brewer »

Thanks for the input Yorg.