4-20mA and RTD support

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

4-20mA and RTD support

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

I am going to bump this one again, there are SO many things I could do with these devices, industrial style thermometers, flowmeters, loadcells, etc... even if it was an external device that was affordable and just converted the signals...

I could put these in numerous craft breweries that are using 3-wire RTD if there was support...
Backyard Brewer

Re: 4-20mA and RTD support

Post by Backyard Brewer »

This is something that is in the works, but at an initial prototyping stage. I don't have a timeline at this point, but hopefully in the first half of 2013.
gordvan

Post by gordvan »

this is the feature I am waiting for
I will buy as soon as its available
dtfeld

Post by dtfeld »

I'm in too...see my post about humidity control.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

bumping this feature request, I would pay an extra $100 or so for a BCS-462pro with the feature of say...
4 RTD/4-20mA inputs (switchable)
4 RTD inputs
8 digital inputs

4 PID/4-20mA outputs (switchable)
4 PID outputs
10 digital outputs

Maybe a case that has a ribbon cable to bring all the connectors to one side and he back side has a DIN rail mount? ooooooh.... like that one, don't ya!

oh, and put 2 USB ports on it, one for logging data to a thumbdrive, the other for super easy wireless... or a touchscreen display....
stewy

Post by stewy »

Has there been any work toward this?
brahn

Post by brahn »

Yes, there has been some work towards this, but it's still too early to provide a timeframe. We recently found a hardware engineer who is taking a look at the existing schematics to see what needs to be done to move this project forward.
stewy

Post by stewy »

Thanks for the update, it's good to know development of new features is on going
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

clearwaterbrewer wrote:I am going to bump this one again, there are SO many things I could do with these devices, industrial style thermometers, flowmeters, loadcells, etc... even if it was an external device that was affordable and just converted the signals...

I could put these in numerous craft breweries that are using 3-wire RTD if there was support...
Bump
purplenurple

Post by purplenurple »

I would buy this right away if you come out with 4-20 mA and RTD support. Countless possibilities easily implemented if these features are added.