watchdog timer

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

watchdog timer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

I would like to see an optional setting for a watchdog timer of some sort that resets the unit if it becomes unresponsive... I am not 100% of the cause of the issue, but mine goes into zombie status (red 'not connected' indicator, and keeps doing what it is doing, including PWM, but not sure about PID) and I have to power cycle to get it back communicating, I am connected wirelessly, and power-cycling the bridge does not bring it up. It may be temp, my cabinet runs about 120 even with a ventilation fan, as winter comes to FL, I will be able to see if the problem persists, but a watchdog timer would be great for people who leave town and ferment... maybe options to reset if you cannot ping your default gateway, reset every 8 hours or every 24 hours or whatever...
cscade
Bot?: No

Re: watchdog timer

Post by cscade »

I'm one of the people who uses a BCS on long running processes exclusively. So far, I have never had the device fail to communicate, even after months in operation without being power cycled.

You mention you are communicating wirelessly, this is most likely your failure point, either directly or indirectly. Is the BCS configured to use DHCP, or a fixed IP?