Request for Beta Testers

Things to come.
brahn
Bot?: No

Request for Beta Testers

Post by brahn »

Hi, I'm one of the new developers of the BCS firmware and we're making steady progress towards a 3.7.0 release. Today we're announcing a very small closed beta of 3.7 and looking for people who are interested in testing out the latest firmware.

To become a beta tester, you must be willing to run pre-production code on a BCS unit. The code will have been tested on the developer's BCS unit, but may contain bugs and/or potentially brick your BCS. (We will work with you to get a bricked BCS back, don't worry, but it may take some time.)

In exchange for this risk, you will have access to the developers and the latest features as they are being developed.

We're currently looking for up to 5 people to join the closed beta, but we may expand this program in the future if there is enough interest. If you are willing to run pre-production code on a BCS device and would like to apply, please send me a PM.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Request for Beta Testers

Post by JonW »

I suggest we create a (restricted) sub-forum for the testers so that we can post/exchange info about issues.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Already did that Jon, you should have access to it.
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

I'm in
fubar

Post by fubar »

I would like to be considered.

thanks,
Daniel
blakeseven

Post by blakeseven »

Please include me as we'll!
mscwarrior33

Post by mscwarrior33 »

Good Evening: Spoke with Derrin this afternoon... He provided me with this link and suggested I participate,
Bob
Grand Junction, CO
AKA "Walts Malts
plotto

Post by plotto »

Hi is it to late to be a Beta Tester?
brahn

Post by brahn »

There's not currently anything to beta test. We released 3.7.0 and it is stable. We're working on a near total rewrite for version 4.0 and we're not ready to release a beta version at this point. Keep your eyes out over the coming months, we'll certainly be looking for more testers as we get closer to releasing 4.0.
plotto

Post by plotto »

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Any idea approx. when there will be an alpha or beta test available?
Is the new firmware going to be customizable, as in changing the look, HMI and all that? Just wondering if I should start learning Java to customize my Main page or if the new Firmware will accommodate some of these features.
Cheers