More features on the HMI builder page.

Things to come.
MaxOut
Bot?: No

More features on the HMI builder page.

Post by MaxOut »

I would like to see a lot more functionality in the HMI Builder page for people like me who don't write code. Easy drag and drop customizing and maybe themes.

Examples -

- My biggest request would be to be able to have more temp gauge sizes and be able to overlay them onto the background image. I use a background image of my vessels and would like to place the temp gauges on to the appropriate vessels to better read at a glance.
-Larger area for background image and customization.
-More types of widgets including, pumps, burners, valves, temp gauge,timers
-More drag and drop simple customizing to organize screen layout including moving, win button, manual tabs, timers etc
-Maybe have different software packs for specific applications that follow themes like brewing, fermentation, generic etc.
- I would like to have multiple background images that automatically load on a active state change.

I wish I had the talent to write Java script but just don't have the time and understanding. I look forward to improvements in the future and hope new releases come out soon!
sTiNkFiZzLe

Re: More features on the HMI builder page.

Post by sTiNkFiZzLe »

I would love to see these features also. I'd be willing to pay a premium for these advanced features if it would motivate the programmers.
cscade

Post by cscade »

Hey guys, these are great ideas!

One of the largest limitations we deal with when working in features for the BCS is size - there simply isn't much room to work with. That means features that require a lot of graphics are simply not possible. However, I can tell you that we are hard at work on some TOP SECRET development projects that could allow your BCS device to do all these things and more, without leaving existing owners in the dust. Backwards compatibility with is our top priority, but we're hard at work on some super cool new ideas.

I can't say more right now, but your requests are certainly not unheard! 8-)
plotto

Post by plotto »

Hi, Any news from 'Area 51' with regards to the top secret upgrades?
I am extremely interested in having some of these drag and drop and customization features added to my BCS too!

Regards
stewy

Post by stewy »

Any updates?
brahn

Post by brahn »

The new version of the firmware is still a work in progress. This is a total rewrite of the front end and the API, so there is quite a bit of work involved. We have not gotten to the HMI yet.