Yet more requests...

Things to come.
OneHoppyGuy
Bot?: No

Yet more requests...

Post by OneHoppyGuy »

Along with the before mentioned analog input capabilities here are some items that would be nice to have:
  • Power indicator light, there is currently no quick method of knowing the system is receiving power.
    Connection/loss of connection status light.. possible? Plus output terminals for alarm or remote indicator.
    Ribbon Cable connection from BCS to PCB relay module (I can't find a connector end that fits the terminal connection currently in use)
    Optional Input power terminals instead requiring a wall wart
    More temperature inputs (via expansion card?)
    Direct support for Beer XML Files
    HMI without HTTP dependency (local computer file access?)
clearwaterbrewer

Re: Yet more requests...

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

Power indicator is easy to implement in your control panel, outputs are floating until power is applied, then driven low...
Connectivity is previously asked for as 'watchdog timer'
The BCS connectors are available from Newark, I think the part number is 59R8825
Power input terminals - discussed many times, you can use many different power sources, I use a 6v brick from an old digital camera. Just be sure to fuse it so you don't send too much into the BCS.
More analog Inputs have been asked for, but the current solution is to get 2 units and write a front end to combine them... this was designed for a Homebrewer, after all
Support for brewing software files has been asked for
On device storage of files has been asked for
brahn

Re: Yet more requests...

Post by brahn »

Thanks for summarizing all that clearwaterbrewer.

Support for on device file storage is not likely. Between the firmware itself and the configuration data that needs to be stored in flash there are only a few KB free on the device. If connectivity to an external server is the problem, I think you could use a file:// URL to use an image stored locally on the machine accessing the BCS, although I haven't tried this. The downside would be that it wouldn't work from other PC's, but if you don't have network connectivity I don't think that would be a problem.

SamIAm put together a really cool app to load recipe data from BeerSmith into the BCS. I think this approach of having an application use the API to program the BCS is the best way to handle loading recipe data.