Multiple alarms and levels

Things to come.
bergerrings
Bot?: No

Multiple alarms and levels

Post by bergerrings »

I'm wondering if it would be difficult to implement multiple alarms with different levels, just as you would see in a generic DCS (distributed control system). As a starting point I guess an alarm for each process, with say a HIGH and a LOW setting and then possibly an additional window that could be opened showing all the alarm states and then obviously silent buttons for all the alarms.

As the alarms would be associated with different outputs/times/etc you could immediately see exactly what needs your attention, either soon/maybe (LOW) or immediately (HIGH). I have my BCS controlling 3 fermenters, a cooling unit, a heating unit, cabinet temperature and an additional process for monitoring critical parameters. Everything is running pretty much 24/7 which explains the overkill haha. All of these are generally operating all at once so when the alarm goes off I can't immediately tell if a temperature is too low, too high, process leak, etc, etc. By the way, the email alarm is a sweet feature, especially for those who leave their BSC on constantly for fermentation control.

From typing this out I am getting the feeling that this wouldn't be the simplest request...sorry. Maybe this could be intended as something to work towards then?

Cheers!

Damo
brahn

Re: Multiple alarms and levels

Post by brahn »

The email alerts will tell you which process / state triggered the alarm, so that might help you out.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

bergerrings wrote:As the alarms would be associated with different outputs/times/etc you could immediately see exactly what needs your attention, either soon/maybe (LOW) or immediately (HIGH).
I've been outlining some methods for adding this type of functionality to my software based BCS front-end. My idea is to have a vertical scrolling message bar similar to how a restaurant food prep uses a display with a "bump bar". Each message that needs acknowledgement appears in the list and simply tapping the message would dismiss it. The messages might be things like "Check MLT return flow rate" or "Add 60 minute hop addition", etc.
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

I'm managing two coolrooms (fermentation and lagering) with one BCS.

It would be helful to have an email alarm if a temperature rises over setpoint (because of compressor fault, energy blackouts or whatever).

Was already mentioned but want to support the idea. :)