hide temps on main page based upon which process is shown

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

hide temps on main page based upon which process is shown

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

I think it would be beneficial to be able to hide displays of temperatures not in use when viewing a certain process on the main page... I will likely look at doing this via HMI widgets, but would be a nice addition to the standard BCS options..
brahn

Re: hide temps on main page based upon which process is show

Post by brahn »

I can see the benefit to this if you don't want to see your fermenters on brewday, for instance. On the other hand, on brewday I typically have multiple processes running at once and wouldn't want to hide the temperature of my HLT just because I'm viewing the Mash process.

We'll keep this idea in mind as we work on the latest firmware. Thanks!
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

if it could be that this is 'per browser' or 'per computer/display device'...

That may be useful, for instance, you have your main PC watching all of the events, as 'process select' is set to watch some process on the main page, but you have a laptop or iPad doing the brew day, and only need a few temps.. I have my mash and boil as different processes, so if I had the 'process select' set to mash, it would not see boil, cooling water, chiller, etc... then when I boil and switch the 'process select' to boil, I do not need to see HLT, rims, mash temps...

2-4 big displays much easier for all to read...
brahn

Post by brahn »

I definitely see how this would be useful. I added both of your ideas to our issue tracker and we've discussed them a bit today.

Thanks again for the suggestions, keep them coming!