Add temp probe 4-7 resistance values to ULSYSIO.DAT

Things to come.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Add temp probe 4-7 resistance values to ULSYSIO.DAT

Post by bbrally »

The resistance values for temp probes 0-3 are continually updated into the ULSYSIO.DAT file, but probes 4-7 don't exist.

Could these have been forgotten about when the upgrades to add the 462 took place?

Is it possible to get these added to the firmware?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Add temp probe 4-7 resistance values to ULSYSIO.DAT

Post by JonW »

It appears this was an oversight when Adam added support from the 460 to 462. They will be added in the future, but I have no time frame at this moment.
brahn

Post by brahn »

We were actually looking at dropping the resistance values entirely with 4.0 since they didn't seem to be used for anything. It would not be difficult to add back in if this would be useful. Are you using a different type of analog sensor?
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I'm writing an app for the BCS and one of the functions is for temperature calibration which reads the resistance values in order to calculate the coefficients. I have it working for temps 0-3 but have had to disable temps 4-7 till there are resistances to be read.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Great, that sounds really interesting. I can add the resistance values back in 4.0 easily, I'll make sure that gets done. The new API in 4.0 should make developing applications to work with the BCS a lot easier. The 3.x firmware is pretty much in bug fix mode at this point. If it's simple I'll look at adding this into a later 3.x release, but it may have to wait for the next major release.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Thanks Brahn. I look forward to seeing what's coming in the future release.