Idea for Alert/Alarm/Popup Features

Things to come.
np0x
Bot?: No

Re: Idea for Alert/Alarm/Popup Features

Post by np0x »

FWIW, your mac has a built in web server that you can use to host files like that mp3.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
BCS Portland

Post by BCS Portland »

ohio-ed wrote:
BCS Portland wrote:So this thread got me thinking about actually using the alarm and I tested my system today. No alarm at all sounded. With the default alarm shouldn't it just go by itself. I had it set to loop and nothing happens.

On a Mac if that makes any difference.

I had to find a MP3 file that could be reference by a URL (I found one on the internet), and then put that URL in the BCS. You can't just enter "c:\alarm.mp3" for instance. Seemed more difficult and limiting that I thought it should be.
That's what I did - I used Adam's song as referenced in another post. It can be played from my browser but does not do anything when using the BCS.
ECC
Bot?: No

Post by ECC »

ohio-ed wrote:I had to find a MP3 file that could be reference by a URL (I found one on the internet), and then put that URL in the BCS. You can't just enter "c:\alarm.mp3" for instance. Seemed more difficult and limiting that I thought it should be.
There are some pretty serious security concerns with letting networked devices randomly access files on your local computer. Most browsers won't allow it, and for good reason.

Also, its a good idea to keep the alarm mp3 file short. This is because your browser will download the full mp3 file before playing it. So depending on your network, a larger file is going to take a few seconds to access.