BCS 4.0 Alpha Preview

Things to come.
lewdog50
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 Alpha Preview

Post by lewdog50 »

I'm in for some alpha/beta testing.
BCS user for a little over a year.
Test Engineer by trade. Hope that's enough for a taste of the new hotness.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Deleted as I found the answer.
Last edited by oakbarn on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

In your original posts the Web Buttons are there. I also did not see Registers Asserted on the Process Page. Assume they are still the same method?
TJAnderson

Post by TJAnderson »

Any update on when 4.0 will be released? Have not seen an update in a while.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

oakbarn wrote:In your original posts the Web Buttons are there. I also did not see Registers Asserted on the Process Page. Assume they are still the same method?
Win buttons are still something that is being tossed around. They are already implemented, but their functional use is really marginal and we don't see any real need in keeping them. Their prior implementation basically allowed you a push button on screen that was used as an exit condition to change states. Because each running process now shows every state available, you can simply select the required state you wish to jump to without the need for the Win button. For those that used them as kind of a "pause and click to continue", there is now a new "Next State" option in the Exit Conditions called "Wait for Input". When using this exit condition, the current state then flashes yellow to alert you to the end of state condition. Between the "Wait for Input" option and the ability to directly select any state, we really don't see the need to keep the Win buttons.

TJAnderson wrote:Any update on when 4.0 will be released? Have not seen an update in a while.
An open beta will be soon. Brent is trying to nail down some of the browser compatibility issues. Most of us are using Chrome without issue, but both IE and Firefox need some specialized code to fix some issues. Browsers are not as compatible as most people think.
Joyride-Brewing

Post by Joyride-Brewing »

Jon & Brent, I was holding out buying a backup BCS-462 or two for the brewery, and wonder if 4.0 would be shipped out with any new orders when it does comes out, or it doesn't matter because of existing stock that will need to be sold first?
-Joe
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Joyride-Brewing wrote:Jon & Brent, I was holding out buying a backup BCS-462 or two for the brewery, and wonder if 4.0 would be shipped out with any new orders when it does comes out, or it doesn't matter because of existing stock that will need to be sold first?
-Joe
Once 4.0 is complete, it will be shipped on all new models, but it really doesn't matter - 4.0 can be flashed to any existing BCS. You can even go back to the 3.x series if you wish.
Joyride-Brewing

Post by Joyride-Brewing »

Got it Jon..Thanks
Pmarshall

Post by Pmarshall »

Please don't disable manual mode
brahn

Post by brahn »

4.0 is basically a complete rewrite, so it's not a matter of "not disabling" manual mode, but rather one of writing manual mode from scratch. At this point, manual mode will not be in the initial 4.0 release. If you really need manual mode, 3.7.1 will be the release for you. I would encourage you to try 4.0 when it's available, I think you'll find that manual mode isn't necessary. We will be listening when 4.0 comes out though, if manual mode is something that's commonly requested we can revisit the topic.