BCS 4.0 Public Beta 1

Things to come.
Drew
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 1

Post by Drew »

JonW wrote:
Drew wrote:Where can I send my bricked BCS462 for repair?
Can you elaborate on why you think it's bricked?
Because it is nonfunctional after upgrading to 4.0 and then downgrading back to 3.7.1. Even hard reset does nothing.

ETA - unit was originally on 3.4.5 firmware, but that version is not available for download anymore.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Drew wrote:
JonW wrote:
Drew wrote:Where can I send my bricked BCS462 for repair?
Can you elaborate on why you think it's bricked?
Because it is nonfunctional after upgrading to 4.0 and then downgrading back to 3.7.1. Even hard reset does nothing.

ETA - unit was originally on 3.4.5 firmware, but that version is not available for download anymore.
Did it work fine on 4.0 before trying to downgrade? What is your network configuration? How are you locating it on the network?
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="JonW]Did it work fine on 4.0 before trying to downgrade? What is your network configuration? How are you locating it on the network?[/quote]

The 4.0 firmware worked, but not fine. Renaming processes is bugged under IE and Chrome and the lack of WIN buttons is a deal breaker for me. After downgrading, 3.7.1 worked until I reloaded my old configuration file. Now, the BCS prompts me for a user ID and password and does not accept the value from my config file as valid. I then tried a hard reset to get the unit back into firmware update mode but no joy.

As for network config, I have accessed it successfully under 3.4.5, 3.7.1 and 4.0 using a wireless AP and a static IP address, and also via direct cable connection to my laptop.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Ok. The BCS is not bricked, so that's good.

Did you try the default username/password combination? (admin/control)

Using the 30s hard reset to go directly into firmware update mode will almost certainly not work for you unless you've done some specific configuration. Using the 10s (I aim for 15s) reset will reset the device to defaults and allow you to start over.

It looks like ECC used to remove the links to old firmware when they released new versions, but the file is still out there. If you really want 3.4.5 you can get it here: http://www.embeddedcc.com/firm/v34_5/bcs460.bin
gyropilot1

Post by gyropilot1 »

I upgarde but lost the basic hmi for the tanks. Even they dont work for me becasue I have 2 fermenters. But in the settings I enter in the advance JS a kink to http://www.embeddedcc.com/wiki/images/5/58/Gbrewing.png but dont work. I went back to the opriginal adress to the embedded jc but dont see any tanks
brahn

Post by brahn »

gyropilot1 wrote:I upgarde but lost the basic hmi for the tanks. Even they dont work for me becasue I have 2 fermenters. But in the settings I enter in the advance JS a kink to http://www.embeddedcc.com/wiki/images/5/58/Gbrewing.png but dont work. I went back to the opriginal adress to the embedded jc but dont see any tanks
As noted in the original post, there is no HMI support in 4.0. There are plans for it to return in a future version.
Drew

Post by Drew »

brahn wrote:Ok. The BCS is not bricked, so that's good.

Did you try the default username/password combination? (admin/control)

Using the 30s hard reset to go directly into firmware update mode will almost certainly not work for you unless you've done some specific configuration. Using the 10s (I aim for 15s) reset will reset the device to defaults and allow you to start over.

It looks like ECC used to remove the links to old firmware when they released new versions, but the file is still out there. If you really want 3.4.5 you can get it here: http://www.embeddedcc.com/firm/v34_5/bcs460.bin
Thanks, the default password worked. It never occurred to me to try it since security was disabled prior to reloading my old config file. Otherwise I was never able to perform a hard reset of any sort, but no need to anymore. Also, thanks for the link to the 3.4.5 firmware. I will play with 3.7.1 a bit before going back any further.
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

As someone who is just starting out (just configured the wifi for my box last night) would you recommend that I get started right away on 4.0 or work in 3.7.1 instead?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

berrywise wrote:As someone who is just starting out (just configured the wifi for my box last night) would you recommend that I get started right away on 4.0 or work in 3.7.1 instead?
Honestly, I would jump right into 4.0. Cleaner, quicker and where things are going for all future updates. There are many new features in 4.0 and it is missing just a couple of 3.x features, but since you are new, those probably won't matter to you.
gyropilot1

Post by gyropilot1 »

ok after I updated it hapen twice I lost conection, but I mange to get it backk even with dchp on and off. Now when you change the manes on the outputs and temp probes. should this stay with the unit? I have los them twice