4.0 Public Beta Issues

Things to come.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

4.0 Public Beta Issues

Post by oakbarn »

It does not seem that the Start or Stop Process is working.
In my Process 0, State 7 I have
Process 0 Stop and Process 1 Start. I have tried it where the Process 0 Stop is not selected. Selecting this State does not spawn Process 1 nor kill Process 0.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 Public Beta Issues

Post by JonW »

Just like with the 3,x series, start/stop of processes is done when exiting a state, not when entering (selecting) that state.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Like JonW pointed out, this behavior is the same as in 3.x. Starting and stopping processes is done when exiting the state.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

How do you want anyone to report "potential" errors or glichtes or other things in the ver.4.0 Public Beta? I know it has not been out very long but when anyone finds something, how do you want it? I really do not want to be a PITA :D
Maybe a new Board Index Item?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Go ahead and post it right here.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

1. On the DataLog page you can still select a Temperature Probe for the Time Scale if the Temperature Probe is not enabled. You cannot select it for one of the logs (traces).
2. Discrete Inputs: Header (Name , One Shot, Enabled )missing above DIN 1 on right side of screen.
PTODD

Post by PTODD »

First, let me say that 4.0 is AWESOME!

When using the new 4.0 Backup/Restore utility, how would I choose a "path" to save the backup file to on a MAC?

Thanks!

PTODD
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

PTODD wrote:First, let me say that 4.0 is AWESOME!

When using the new 4.0 Backup/Restore utility, how would I choose a "path" to save the backup file to on a MAC?

Thanks!

PTODD
What browser are you using? It should just prompt you and you can just save the .json file anywhere you like.
brahn

Post by brahn »

PTODD wrote:First, let me say that 4.0 is AWESOME!

Thanks!

PTODD
It gets downloaded like any other file in your browser, where do your downloads normally go? The default location on a Mac is in your Downloads folder (~/Downloads). It also depends on your browser and how you have it configured.
PTODD

Post by PTODD »

I'm using Safari on the Mac. It never prompts, but says it downloaded successfully. It's not putting it in the downloads folder (like a normal download). I did a "spotlight search" on the entire machine, but no .json file. I then used Chrome and it downloaded normally. Strange....

Thanks for the replies,

PTODD