4.0 Public Beta Issues

Things to come.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: 4.0 Public Beta Issues

Post by oakbarn »

Process Editor = Outputs Configuable => Duty Cycle => Setpoint

You can select a number "outside" of the 0 to 100. When you select a number larger than 100, it reverts to 100. When you either select or type in a number less than 0, it does not revert to 0. Not sure if the numbers are absolute (-27 and 27 are equal from a programming point of view) or what effect it would have on a Duty Cycle. Of course, you DO need to select a number between 1 and 100 for Duty Cycle to logically work anyway.
ProcessEWditorDutyCycle Issue.png
ProcessEWditorDutyCycle Issue.png (56.68 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

oakbarn wrote:This is a question I ask about 4,0 in the Public Beta forum that was not answered but may have something to do about PID settings:

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 1
Postby oakbarn on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:41 pm

I see that the default PID Sample Period and Output Period are now 30. Is this because 30 is more reasonable than 3 as a starting point?
In addition to the above, the values that may be entered must be integers when you could enter tenths before. You could enter 2.6 as an example in 3.7x. If you enter 2.6 in 4.0 beta, you just get a "2". Is this a change in the significant digit?
Broph

Post by Broph »

oakbarn wrote:
oakbarn wrote:This is a question I ask about 4,0 in the Public Beta forum that was not answered but may have something to do about PID settings:

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 1
Postby oakbarn on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:41 pm

I see that the default PID Sample Period and Output Period are now 30. Is this because 30 is more reasonable than 3 as a starting point?
In addition to the above, the values that may be entered must be integers when you could enter tenths before. You could enter 2.6 as an example in 3.7x. If you enter 2.6 in 4.0 beta, you just get a "2". Is this a change in the significant digit?
Yes, having tenths added back would be nice if possible.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
brahn

Post by brahn »

This is just a display issue, the value as displayed in the form needs to be divided by 10. So 30 = 3.0, 26 = 2.6. The default values definitely didn't change
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Duty Cycle does not seem to work.

I think I have my Version 3.7.1 and the Version 4.0 Public Beta set the same.

I am using OUtput 0 in both. At the Bottom of the Data logs are my settings. The only thing is that the 3.7.1 is a live system while the 4.0 is not connected to any SSRs.

I set up 60% at Output period of 1 minute. Both Datalogs are set to same scale and trace every second. It appears that the 4.0 Out comes on and stays on, while the 3.7.1 functions normally.
duty cycle issue.png
duty cycle issue.png (34.99 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
duty cycle issue_3_7_1.png
duty cycle issue_3_7_1.png (58 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
brahn

Post by brahn »

This was already reported by bcrawfo2 here
crane

7 segment display settings

Post by crane »

I have seen a couple of times now where after setting the temperatures associated with each display, it will revert back to disabled. I haven't noticed yet if it happens while I am editing something on the settings page or just randomly.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: 7 segment display settings

Post by JonW »

crane wrote:I have seen a couple of times now where after setting the temperatures associated with each display, it will revert back to disabled. I haven't noticed yet if it happens while I am editing something on the settings page or just randomly.
Can you clarify this a bit more? Not sure what you mean by "setting the temperatures associated with each display" - do you mean performing LED display association or setting an actual setpoint temperature on an output? What exactly reverts to disabled?

Steps to reproduce would help.
crane

Re: 7 segment display settings

Post by crane »

JonW wrote:
crane wrote:I have seen a couple of times now where after setting the temperatures associated with each display, it will revert back to disabled. I haven't noticed yet if it happens while I am editing something on the settings page or just randomly.
Can you clarify this a bit more? Not sure what you mean by "setting the temperatures associated with each display" - do you mean performing LED display association or setting an actual setpoint temperature on an output? What exactly reverts to disabled?

Steps to reproduce would help.

I am talking about the I2C 7-segment displays configuration section in the settings page. I think these settings are volatile in the fact that whenever I power cycle the BCS, they revert back to disabled.
Attachments
7seg_displays.PNG
7seg_displays.PNG (17.85 KiB) Viewed 5855 times
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Nice find. The Temp Probe Selection will also revert to "Disabled" when doing a soft "SYSTEM RESET" as well as a Power Cycle.