4.0 Public Beta Issues

Things to come.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: 4.0 Public Beta Issues

Post by oakbarn »

I tried an admin password of "1234567890" and it locked me out. I had to do a 10-20 SECOND RESET to hget back in. I did this twice. "123456789" worked fine. I did not try any other 10 Char passwords.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

The alarm path is also gone in 4.0 beta (at least I have not found it). I had seen requests that an Alarm Path be part of the Exit Process. That would be a nice feature as you could set different Alarms for Different States.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

oakbarn wrote:The alarm path is also gone in 4.0 beta (at least I have not found it). I had seen requests that an Alarm Path be part of the Exit Process. That would be a nice feature as you could set different Alarms for Different States.
You won't see specialized paths for different alarms. That's a lot of storage to give up.
brahn

Post by brahn »

JonW is correct. This may seem trivial, but would actually would take up a significant amount of storage and memory on the device. A custom path for the alarm is more reasonable but most likely won't be added prior to 4.0.
gyropilot1

Post by gyropilot1 »

I feel that using technology to help the brewqeing process and not taking advantage of it is usless. What separate the BCS lovers from the rest of the other control panel makers, "FEATURES" The revision is great, Missing my tank widget not great but can live with out it. Now having an alarm that send an email that one of your fermenters tank has a temp issue is prioceless. I manage to conect remotely to the PC and see what the BCS is doing but getting an alert to me is crucial. I am starting my brewery and you all know we started in 2 jobs until we can stand in our feet and dedicate full time.

SO if there any suggestion on the alarm beside buying and extra equipment I am willing to try it out

thanks

Charles