BCS Roadmap

Things to come.
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: BCS Roadmap

Post by ECC »

Well, there's a 30 day money-back return policy, but looking at your join date I'm guessing that doesn't apply :)

Keep one for your fermentation control!
RonRock

Post by RonRock »

Power Supply option. I just posted a power supply option for anyone that may be interested. I also would like to see a "Heartbeat" indicator on the BCS interface. That has caused me tons of trouble. Loosing BCS control and not being aware of it due to network loss.
ECC

Post by ECC »

An update on the v3.0 firmware, which will be used for both BCS-460 and BCS-462. All of the (8!) process enable buttons are now larger, should be easier to click than the previous checkboxes. Moved the navigation to the top, and output manual overides to a table on the bottom. Note the big red 'All Stop' button, which kills all processes and outputs.

Also note the "BCS Connected" green light in the upper right hand corner. This is the auto refresh feature, which will dynamically adjust the refresh rate to match your network latencies. It will turn red when the BCS isn't connected, and will halt the refresh interface until connected again. Similar to gmail, BCS not connected, retrying in 5 seconds...

Small gauges. 5 temps shown (462 supports 8, 460 supports 4).
bcs30-sm.jpg
bcs30-sm.jpg (170.16 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
By clicking the [+] symbol in the upper left hand corner, you can cycle through 4 options of gauge sizes. Medium:
bcs30-med.jpg
bcs30-med.jpg (173.42 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
Large:
bcs30-big.jpg
bcs30-big.jpg (51.69 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
And a numbers only display for phones that don't like the html5.
bcs30-tbl.jpg
bcs30-tbl.jpg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
And for you celsius nuts, when in Celsius mode the gauges automatically scale to more usable min/max ticks.
bcs30-cel.jpg
bcs30-cel.jpg (28.39 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
That's a brief update on the interface changes, more to come...
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

Thank you for the update! Looking good.
ohio-ed

Post by ohio-ed »

Looks great!!

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning... when do you think we will get our hands on V3.0?
ECC

Post by ECC »

Should be soon... There are a few more features that I want to get in there and tested.. With the holiday weekend coming up, it might be another week.
BrewBeemer

Added BCS 462 features

Post by BrewBeemer »

Adam; I recall on the Home Brew Forum a request with you working on a volume by pressure sensor probe as well a flow amount feature to be added in the future for the BCS 462 system, any progress on these requested added features and when they will be added to the 462 units? Thanks in advance.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Added BCS 462 features

Post by JonW »

BrewBeemer wrote:Adam; I recall on the Home Brew Forum a request with you working on a volume by pressure sensor probe as well a flow amount feature to be added in the future for the BCS 462 system, any progress on these requested added features and when they will be added to the 462 units? Thanks in advance.
I'll be all over this when available!

Is there an updated list of pending roadmap features available?
artbrau

Post by artbrau »

I would like to see an interface that has more of a physical world metaphor, like most industrial control systems. Ideally, the users could "build" their systems visually and open valves, operating heaters, etc. would be visually indicated.

I realize that would be a considerable challenge but perhaps there is a shortcut. Could the position of the gauges and asserted output toggle "lights" be made movable on the web page? Then the user could be allowed to underlay an arbitrary image file that represents a schematic of their system. The user moves the indicators and gauges to the appropriate lines and vessels and viola!
-- Art
ECC

Post by ECC »

Art... I think you read my mind... This is indeed something that we've been pushing around for a while. Its not an easy thing to do (well), so it will take some time, but rest assured it will come. Its now on the list, thanks for the great suggestion! Having a customizable virtual control panel would be great, I think a lot of users would take advantage of it.

Jon, this thread is supposed to be that list, I update the OP with new features. However not as often as the ideas are born in other threads, but I'll try to keep this list up to date.