BCS Roadmap

Things to come.
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: BCS Roadmap

Post by ECC »

measure the volume of water in your HLT.
lotwookie

Post by lotwookie »

A diagram building tool would be nice. List of components. Somewhere you could enter your components and it assist you in building a wiring diagram. Ex list or chose from a drop down box your components BCS-460, 4 probes, 2 pumps, 2 Honeywells, and it assist in building a control box diagram.
flux

Post by flux »

an analog voltage input would be incredibly useful and could be used to measure volume with an analog pressure transducer! also a faster carrier frequency on the PWM out so an analog out could be simulated with a simple RC network!
gyropilot1

Post by gyropilot1 »

how do I know my bcs 460 is uptodate. and how I download upgrades
ssgross

Post by ssgross »

last post here was 2012...and I am wondering what became of the volume sensor idea?
Thre are other threads with really great ideas, but haven't been followed up on (in the forum) as far as overall viability - namely
http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1102
where the OP tried tricking a temp input to reading volume.
and
http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.p ... olume+sens or#p6941
Here, the OP uses an arduino build to program setpoint and sense volume, and then use a DIN on the bcs to integrate the reading into process control.

I would personally prefer to have the readout integrated into the BCS. On the other hand, I would be very, very excited to just have an accurate reading, especially in vessels with no sight glass (i.e. stainless fermentor).

For those whose argument is cost - I wouldn't mind dropping on an EXTRA piece of hardware, or even builiding it myself from a how-to, as long as the BCS's programming is in place to make use of said hardware. i.e. the external PID display boards. I have 4 of them and love them.

Sorry for the ramble, all I really wanted to ask was whether the idea of volume sensing with the BCS was dead. several posts back (nov. 2011), this was the priority

I have had my stystem complete and running beautifully for a year. I am going to play around with the HMI finally this summer to make it even better - so many thanks for all the work that went into this over the last couple years.