Set Temperature sensitivity

Things to come.
Broph
Bot?: No

Set Temperature sensitivity

Post by Broph »

It versions 3.7 and earlier the set temperature was in tenths of a degree. With 4.0 it is set to a whole number. Any possibility of allowing tenths to be added back in the final release of v.4.0?
??
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
oakbarn

Re: Set Temperature sensitivity

Post by oakbarn »

Along those lines, I am not sure why a drop down listox is used to set the Setpoint. A free form text box was fine. I find it more difficult to enter a Temp SetPoint and if you add 1/10s., will be even more cumbersome. (You cannot just type in a number, you must use the UP and Down arrows). Seems like less overhead as well.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

It's actually a spinner box, not a drop-down and yes, you can manually enter a value.

I seem to recall something about the temp being entered in tenths, but actually only triggering on the integer value in 3.x. I'm sure Brahn can comment better on that.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

My error. Using the ENTER key will not exit a field. You must use the mouse or the TAB key to exit. You can use the TAB key (and ALT TAB) to move around fields. This may be a Browser feature and at least in Chrome that is the GUI.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I'm not certain about the function in 3.x and what it triggers on. I should be able to make it accept tenths relatively easily, so that should be in the next beta release. The API supports tenths, the UI is converting it to an integer value before sending to the API.
Broph

Post by Broph »

brahn wrote:I'm not certain about the function in 3.x and what it triggers on. I should be able to make it accept tenths relatively easily, so that should be in the next beta release. The API supports tenths, the UI is converting it to an integer value before sending to the API.
Thanks! I did do a brewsession with the latest firmware this weekend with my buddy and it worked great! Now if you could do something about this polar vortex it might make it easier to brew.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Broph wrote:
brahn wrote:I'm not certain about the function in 3.x and what it triggers on. I should be able to make it accept tenths relatively easily, so that should be in the next beta release. The API supports tenths, the UI is converting it to an integer value before sending to the API.
Thanks! I did do a brewsession with the latest firmware this weekend with my buddy and it worked great! Now if you could do something about this polar vortex it might make it easier to brew.
You just have to look on the bright side.... cooling the wort was probably pretty quick!
Broph

Post by Broph »

JonW wrote:
Broph wrote:
You just have to look on the bright side.... cooling the wort was probably pretty quick!
That's true... just seems with the colder weather time goes by slower...
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery