flowmeter (hall effect type) ability...

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

flowmeter (hall effect type) ability...

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

It would be nice to have the software be able to count the ticks from a hall effect flowmeter and display flow rate...
crane

Re: flowmeter (hall effect type) ability...

Post by crane »

+1. I would like to see sometihng like this.
AtomicGecko

Post by AtomicGecko »

+1 as well...i'm building a single vessel eBIAB ... this would be awesome to measure my starting volume....the meters are cheap....just need something to count the ticks
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

For starting volumes I'm currently doing automated fills via time with the BCS and it's pretty accurate. If you have a fixed pressure and a fixed orifice on the outlet, you will get a constant flow volume that is repeatable with timing. Using a 2.5mm fixed orifice, I fill 1 gallon in 55 seconds.

I was going to implement a pressure regulator so that even if incoming water pressure dropped, I could still stay at some fixed pressure below normal delivery pressure, but in using this for about a dozen batches, I have had no problems maintaining accuracy.
BrunDog

Post by BrunDog »

I have implemented hall effect sensor on my rig. I use an Arduino to count and generate outputs to the BCS. Documented here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=542899

-BD
Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

That looks fantastic Brundob, would it be possible to post the code up for the arduino as i am having trouble implementing more than 1 flow meter on the arduino.

Thanks