i2c or USB relay board

Things to come.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

i2c or USB relay board

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

Obviously for the USB, would be new hardware platform... but think of the wiring saved if the highest 8 outputs were done via a relay board like this

http://d1j1kxp9fqehmk.cloudfront.net/ca ... 1_3_13.jpg

now it could be some other interface like currently supported i2c, here is a multi-interface board...

crane

Re: i2c or USB relay board

Post by crane »

With the Digi16 EOL, we need a replacement, whether it has relays on it or just LVCMOS or TTL outputs that can drive a relay board. Its disappointing to see features being dropped in the 4.0 firmware as well as seeing support for the expansion card being dropped. Things are moving backwards here, not forwards.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

maybe someone in deep with the i2c could look at this board and say 'heck, that will work, just program it as such...."
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

clearwaterbrewer wrote:maybe someone in deep with the i2c could look at this board and say 'heck, that will work, just program it as such...."
It's not that easy. I2C is a master/slave bus system. The BCS has to be setup to transmit I2C packets that the relay board has to be setup to receive.

There are several things like this being checked out already. This type of board would be a good replacement for the expansion boards.