BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Things to come.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Post by JonW »

kapavita wrote:Is it possible to keep a timer running when the process using this timer is paused?
Many times during the mash process, I have to stop the outputs for the pump and RIMS.
Pausing the process stops the outputs but it also stops the timers which then makes it
challenging to track consistent 60 or 90 min mash schedules. Thanks!
Pausing a process pauses everything to do with that process, so no, you can't keep the timer running when pausing the process.

However, you may be able to use a simple work around for it. You can setup one of the states to not have those outputs turned on, but yet have the timers continue. You then activate that state when you need your (psuedo) pause, then jump back to the original state you were on.

I do that for my mash. I do a continuous recirculation on the mash, but every once in a while the pump will lose prime. Instead of pausing the process, I have a state called "Pump Off Prime" that I activate and it pauses the pump while running the timers and after 5 seconds, it automatically jumps back to the "Mash Hold" state.

If you're only pausing for a minute at a time, that time difference really isn't going to change anything in your mash.
Perpetualbrews

Post by Perpetualbrews »

anybody else have issues in 4.0 with temp readings jumping around a ton????
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Perpetualbrews wrote:anybody else have issues in 4.0 with temp readings jumping around a ton????
Temps jumping around is usually a grounding issue. Do you have a jumper in place from earth ground to the BCS ground?
Perpetualbrews

Post by Perpetualbrews »

I will double check my ground connections. Pulled out unit to upgrade firmware at home and may have had something pull loose when removing. Thanks for the help.
Perpetualbrews

Post by Perpetualbrews »

Let me clarify. At normal room temps, the temp readings will jump up and down from .1 to .3 degrees. At mash temps, the jump is much larger, up to .5 degrees
Does this still sound like a ground issue or a firmware issue?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Perpetualbrews wrote:Let me clarify. At normal room temps, the temp readings will jump up and down from .1 to .3 degrees. At mash temps, the jump is much larger, up to .5 degrees
Does this still sound like a ground issue or a firmware issue?
Yes, it still sounds like a ground issue. Please place a ground jumper from the BCS ground to an earth ground. Also, see my other post regarding your LED's.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

Some minor things I found while testing with mobile devices (Samsung Galaxy S5 and Tab 10.1 2014 edition, both using Chrome latest):

When viewing on the phone in landscape mode the screen cuts off Processes 5-7 (only shows 1-4). Switching to portrait 'solves' the issue.
Ladder logic page does not appear to work at all, but I confess to never having understood this page.
If you attempt to drag an icon or double tap an icon on the ladder logic page, the icon persists even if you leave the ladder logic page.
I think this is a known issue but it's not possible to select DIN's over 3 if using a Digi16 on the process editor page.
Drop downs on the process editor persist if expanded and the user scrolls the page up or down.

(Can't figure out how to make those bullets...)

I REALLY like the new interface! The experience is miles better on mobile now.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

Is there any documentation on the new auto ignition settings?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

el_hombre wrote:Is there any documentation on the new auto ignition settings?
Docs are still in process.

The settings are pretty simple. You can check off any of outputs 0-7 to be used as triggers, that when activated, will cause the igniter output to turn on for the time specified. If your igniter needs time to warm up, you can use an igniter warm-up time, which activates the igniter for the specified time prior to activating your trigger output and then holds the igniter on for the ignition time.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

JonW wrote:You can check off any of outputs 0-7 to be used as triggers, that when activated, will cause the igniter output to turn on for the time specified.
This is the part that was confusing me. What are the extra two outputs? I have a 460 (with a Digi16) so I couldn't figure out why I was seeing 8 outputs.