BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Things to come.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Post by JonW »

Cyclops wrote:Does version 4 have the resistance values for the temp probes?

I used to use this to calibrate my sensors
Yes, you can look up the resistance value via the API. It's as simple as entering a URL like: http://192.168.1.103/api/temp/0

The result would like like:
{"name":"Kegerator","temp":377,"setpoint":360,"resistance":27747,"enabled":true,"coefficients":[0.0011371549,0.0002325949,9.5400029999e-8]}
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

JonW wrote:Digiboards are not currently supported in the beta. Registers are something totally different. They are basically flags or variables and are mostly used within ladder logic.
Is there an ETA for the Digi support? Just curious if it will be in Beta 3, 4, or not available until 4.0 is GA.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Cyclops wrote:Does version 4 have the resistance values for the temp probes?

I used to use this to calibrate my sensors
I'd also recommend checking out bbrally's temperature probe coefficient calculator: http://bbrally.from-ca.com/

It uses the API for resistance and does a lot of the math for you, and saves the coefficients back to the device.
el_hombre wrote:Is there an ETA for the Digi support? Just curious if it will be in Beta 3, 4, or not available until 4.0 is GA.
Digi support will not be included in 4.0 GA. The Digi boards have been phased out due to lack of demand for them and at this point we don't plan on adding support for them in 4.0 and beyond. The implementation caused issues for a lot of people who ended up returning them after they purchased them because they couldn't actually do what was needed.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

brahn wrote:Digi support will not be included in 4.0 GA. The Digi boards have been phased out due to lack of demand for them and at this point we don't plan on adding support for them in 4.0 and beyond. The implementation caused issues for a lot of people who ended up returning them after they purchased them because they couldn't actually do what was needed.
That sucks. The Digi board is an integral part of my design. Will the API support it so I can maybe do something on my own?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

el_hombre wrote:
brahn wrote:Digi support will not be included in 4.0 GA. The Digi boards have been phased out due to lack of demand for them and at this point we don't plan on adding support for them in 4.0 and beyond. The implementation caused issues for a lot of people who ended up returning them after they purchased them because they couldn't actually do what was needed.
That sucks. The Digi board is an integral part of my design. Will the API support it so I can maybe do something on my own?
No, the Digi board is a pre-4.0 product only.

Are you using a 460 or 462?
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

JonW wrote:No, the Digi board is a pre-4.0 product only.

Are you using a 460 or 462?
brahn

Post by brahn »

el_hombre wrote:
Have you actually been using the digi already? or is this something you're designing?
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

brahn wrote:Have you actually been using the digi already? or is this something you're designing?
I am in the final stages of my build (I actually am nearly done, I swear...). All I have to do is run some conduit on the brew frame and connect the wires to the BCS and it was on to testing and debugging. This is my BCS enclosure with the digi board in this 'final' resting place.

TrickyDick

Post by TrickyDick »

Grrr...

well I updated to the latest Firmware a while back. Transferred my settings, but.... I need to re-create all the processes I had been using. Like a big dope, I didn't do this BEFORE I brewed, so now I've got a batch waiting to pitch (my system is for fermentation control).

Seems glitchey too - under the Rename Process option, then you enter new name and hit enter and it adds a small text box to the right hand side with the previous name?? Odd

TD
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

TrickyDick wrote:Grrr...

well I updated to the latest Firmware a while back. Transferred my settings, but.... I need to re-create all the processes I had been using. Like a big dope, I didn't do this BEFORE I brewed, so now I've got a batch waiting to pitch (my system is for fermentation control).

Seems glitchey too - under the Rename Process option, then you enter new name and hit enter and it adds a small text box to the right hand side with the previous name?? Odd

TD
Most things like this we've seen have come down to outdated browsers. What are you currently using?