BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Things to come.
el_hombre
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Post by el_hombre »

JonW wrote:Please place a ground jumper from the BCS ground to an earth ground.
Just to clarify, would running two wires, one coming from the temp probes and another coming from the chassis ground, both going into the same port on the BCS count as jumpering in this context?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Just to be clear, chassis ground may or may not be the same as earth ground, depending if the chassis is actually connected to an earth ground. So yes, it will work, as long as your chassis is properly grounded.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

Are the Digi boards now supported? I see the ability to assert registers in a state but the relay never turns on if I assert it. Or are registers something else (I just got my enclosure working last weekend so I am still fairly new to this)?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Digiboards are not currently supported in the beta. Registers are something totally different. They are basically flags or variables and are mostly used within ladder logic.
Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Is anyone else seeing slow loading times of the BCS in Chrome? Once it has loaded all the graphics up it is fine, but the initial load is slow.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Cyclops wrote:Is anyone else seeing slow loading times of the BCS in Chrome? Once it has loaded all the graphics up it is fine, but the initial load is slow.
What is your definition of slow? My BCS page fully loads in about 5 seconds. If I open a second tab with another copy of it, it loads in about 2 seconds.
Kent

Post by Kent »

I am not 100% sure we are using Beta 2 Is there a way to tell?

Anyhow, I would like to see the timer be much larger. At least on our setup, there is a huge white space to the right of the running process, that it could go in. I would like to see it at least as big as the temp numbers.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Per the first post of this thread: This build can be identified by the version number: 4.0.0 build ec24318 on the Settings page.
Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

JonW wrote:
Cyclops wrote:Is anyone else seeing slow loading times of the BCS in Chrome? Once it has loaded all the graphics up it is fine, but the initial load is slow.
What is your definition of slow? My BCS page fully loads in about 5 seconds. If I open a second tab with another copy of it, it loads in about 2 seconds.
I think it might be due to my router not being the quickest at accepting a connection to the BCS. When i connect to the router it is directly connected to it loads almost instantly, when connecting through the main router in the house it is slow.
Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Does version 4 have the resistance values for the temp probes?

I used to use this to calibrate my sensors