BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Things to come.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 Public Beta 2

Post by oakbarn »

JonW wrote:
TrickyDick wrote:Grrr...

Seems glitchey too - under the Rename Process option, then you enter new name and hit enter and it adds a small text box to the right hand side with the previous name?? Odd

TD
Most things like this we've seen have come down to outdated browsers. What are you currently using?
I am using the latest version of Chrome and I see this also. I thought it was a feature. It keeps repeating if you keep changing the name. If you quit and reopen the browser, it resets. The Rename button also disappears but as I said, I thought it was a feature and sorta liked looking at what the name was before :D .
process rename.png
process rename.png (6.5 KiB) Viewed 6396 times
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yeah, looks like a bug. Funny I never saw that bug as I always tab off the field instead of using enter and it doesn't do it then.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Like JonW I'd never seen this since hitting tab is the standard way to move between fields.

The issue is fixed in our repository and will be included in the next release. In the meantime, the workaround is to use tab instead of enter when renaming a process.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

A minor issue but I find it annoying:
In 4.0 when you go to Settings, the UI has the following expanded:
Device Settings & Info
General Settings
Authentication

If you close your browser and return, they are expanded again even if you collapsed them.
These seem to be “Set Once and Forget” types of items and I am collapsing them every time I get to settings after I open after a Browser Closure because these items are set the way I want. I would prefer to have all of the Sub Menu Items defaulted to “Collasped”.
I know once things are setup, you rarely have to visit the Settings Page, but when you are setting things up …..
I know you can migrate your settings from 3.7. but I am redoing some things that have been on my “to do” list.
bcrawfo2

Post by bcrawfo2 »

brahn wrote:In beta 1 the duty cycle was off by a factor of 10. If you look around you can find a post explaining it. So anything over 10 was running at 100%, 5.0 would have been 50%. That's been fixed in beta 2, so that 50 is 50% duty cycle.
Confirmed....I first posted the duty cycle bug. It's fixed...I use it regularly.
Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

I had a problem with my pid on temp probe 0, it would stay at 2C under the set temp and would not rise. I have no idea why
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I was runnning a friend through the BCS last night and noticed that the exit conditions and "jump to" state flowchart is no longer displayed in the main control page when a state is running like there was in ver. 3.X

Am I missing something or is it no longer there?
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

From what I see, they are gone. If your next step is the next State (Step 6 follows Step 5 follows Step 4 follows Step3 follows Step 2 Follows Step 1 Follows Step 0, you see your next state. It was nice having the exit conditions but they are gone.) I once used the term "next logical State" meaning the next in order. It was pointed out that there is NO "next logical State". I think that the new 4.0 user interface makes the term "next logical State" more useful. You do not have to go to that "next logical State" and in loops would not, but from a graphical interface, I use the "next logical State" (Step 6 follows Step 5 follows Step 4 follows Step3 follows Step 2 Follows Step 1 Follows Step 0 in 4.0) so I can see where I am going. While it was "nice" to see the exit logic, it is not really required as it does exit. It was somewhat redundent as you can see it in the Process Editor. I like the Process Pane in ver 4.0 better than the old one as you could only see ONE selected State. You had no idea what other process/ state was active. In 4.0, you see all active States.