Public Beta 4.0 Beta 2 Issues

Things to come.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: Public Beta 4.0 Beta 2 Issues

Post by oakbarn »

For those confused (like me) :oops: about Logic Ladders this is a good primer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_logic

After reading this, I see that an NC "Coil" will be on unless all conditions on a Rung are met. That would include any empty "contacts" or "wires". Sorta Like a Double Negative makes a Positive. Makes my head hurt so I will not be using NC "Coils" in Ladder Logic as there are easier ways to skin the cat.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

On the Process Editor page, if you have a Exit Condition defined with a Timer, and then try to switch it to a Digital Input, the Source dropdown has no selectable options.

el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

When an output is configured for auto-ignition, it is still selectable in the Process Editor.

Settings page:

Process Editor page:
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

el_hombre wrote:On the Process Editor page, if you have a Exit Condition defined with a Timer, and then try to switch it to a Digital Input, the Source dropdown has no selectable options.
I could not replicate this. Do you have any of your inputs enabled in the system settings page? They must be enabled to be used as the exit condition.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

el_hombre wrote:When an output is configured for auto-ignition, it is still selectable in the Process Editor.
Yes, as it should be. Just because you are triggering an output for auto-ignition, doesn't mean it can't be used in other areas.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

JonW wrote:I could not replicate this. Do you have any of your inputs enabled in the system settings page? They must be enabled to be used as the exit condition.
The checkboxes are enabled in the System Settings page for all five inputs, but none of them are connected to anything.
el_hombre

Post by el_hombre »

JonW wrote:Yes, as it should be. Just because you are triggering an output for auto-ignition, doesn't mean it can't be used in other areas.
The autoignition wiki says that it shouldn't be selectable in the processes. Perhaps I misunderstood.
This has a few different connection topologies. When an output is designated as Ignition, it shows up as disabled in the System Settings table, and cannot be controlled from Processes.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

JonW wrote:
el_hombre wrote:On the Process Editor page, if you have a Exit Condition defined with a Timer, and then try to switch it to a Digital Input, the Source dropdown has no selectable options.
I could not replicate this. Do you have any of your inputs enabled in the system settings page? They must be enabled to be used as the exit condition.
I have the same issue but it is intermittent. Sometimes it works fine and then another time nothing the Source Dropdown Listbox. The lack of "Source" has only been when setting a new exit condition.
I found a work around when it is not.
1. Select “Digital Input” as the Source Type.
2. Toggle the Value On/Off Radio buttons. Leave as the value you want but you must cycle it.
3. The Source Dropdown Listbox is now populated with your enabled DINs.
din input issue.png
din input issue.png (37.36 KiB) Viewed 6495 times
crane

Post by crane »

While brewing yesterday with this FW I had 2 times where my I2C 7-segmet displays stopped updating. They were stuck until the BCS switched to the next step. While the temps were stuck on the I2C displays they were still updating on the web interface. Both times this happened it was when I had 2 processes simultaneously advance to the next step after pressing a button connected to a digital input. Both times the displays became unstuck when the BCS advanced to another step.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

crane wrote:While brewing yesterday with this FW I had 2 times where my I2C 7-segmet displays stopped updating. They were stuck until the BCS switched to the next step. While the temps were stuck on the I2C displays they were still updating on the web interface. Both times this happened it was when I had 2 processes simultaneously advance to the next step after pressing a button connected to a digital input. Both times the displays became unstuck when the BCS advanced to another step.
What kind of activity happens at the point the states advanced? I ask because I have a BCS setup for my fermenters, kegerator & smoker and when my AC unit kicks on for glycol chilling, it sometimes knocks my displays offline. Is it possible yours is power related also?

Is your stuck display issue repeatable during the same change of states?