Tab names & Process boxes

Things to come.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

Tab names & Process boxes

Post by gidi-up »

3 Items:

1) Is it possible to change the Tab name from 'Brewery Control System' to like 'Brights', Mash , etc. to match the Name given in Settings? I have 4 BCS's and when open in Chrome all the tabs have the same name, would be nice to have the tab reflect the name of the BCS.
tab name.png
tab name.png (52.78 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
2) Process boxes on the Main Control, is there any way to re-size? In the screen shot you can see I am only using 1 State in the process, so to not have all other other blank states there would be nice.
interface.png
interface.png (200.1 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
3) Process, so I am only using 7 of the 8 and 8 is blank any way to not show?

Which even though non of these have any event you can still click on any of them and it turns green like it is doing something, so would be nice to hide these or have them inactive.
interface-cleaner.png
interface-cleaner.png (156.52 KiB) Viewed 4047 times

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Tab names & Process boxes

Post by JonW »

The 4.0 version is currently feature complete, but you have some good suggestions.

#1 - I also run two systems most of the time and this would definitely help.

#2 - The first beta version did have collapsing sections like you describe, but it made the display a bit cumbersome for brew day viewing. Mostly the issue was that with collapsed states, it caused the timers to be located at different heights along the page which in turn caused a lot of scanning and looking for the timers. Since the section had to be the same size as the largest process/state list, we decided to make them all the same height so that scanning across the timer section was easy. Brent can take a look at this and see how hard it might be to incorporate a switch to allow collapsed or non-collapsed processes.

#3 - For now, I would suggest just collapsing the sidebar. You can start and stop the displayed processes by clicking on the process name in the individual process/state lists.
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

OK, thanks for the reply.

Jerry
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... g?hl=en-GB

Screen shot after I renamed in Chrome:
rename tab.png
rename tab.png (59.08 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
I aslo have two BCSs and it does get confusing. I also like the suggestion of resizing.

I think it would be a great idea if the Temp probes were like the Process Panes. Displayed only while used or selectable for Always Display.

For example, I have my Cooling Water and Wort Out Temp Probes. I only use them when I am transferring the Wort to my Fermentors. Likewise, I could care less about the Mash Temps once my Mash is over. I do go to Setting and get rid of the Gauges when I am not using them.

Would also work for Timers: Always Display or only when used (or had been used) in a Process.

Timers at top instead of Bottom would also be better for me.