Connect Arduino via I2C?

Things to come.
BrunDog
Bot?: No

Re: Connect Arduino via I2C?

Post by BrunDog »

Thanks for the tip. I had considered using resistance inputs to simulate analog, but then realized by the same token that the BCS architecture is really not set up to handle variable data that easily (on the front end, that is). And my fear is as exactly written in your post: is this about building the completely automated system, or about brewing? There is a fine line somewhere that gets crossed, and you end up chasing smaller and smaller ideals at increasing work, expense, and ongoing maintenance/troubleshooting. I want it to be *mostly* automated, to remove the dumb mistakes I may be inclined to make, add consistency, and remove some of the boring stuff. But in the end, brewing is all about variables, and it is those elements that makes it interesting. Believe me, if I could automate the cleanup... well... sign me up for all of that!

I love that the BCS has a front end, which eliminated the need for separate controls. In fact I only have an E-stop, 2x element LED's, an alarm/buzzer, and a power key switch on my panel. The rest falls on the GUI - and that is how I wanted it so I could expand (with limits per above, hopefully).

-BD