Link to online utilities in the settings page

Things to come.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Link to online utilities in the settings page

Post by bbrally »

Would it make sense to add a link to the online utilities from within the settings page? I don't use the backup/restore that often, but when I do I find I have to go back into the wiki or forum to find the address. I know I could bookmark it, but....
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Link to online utilities in the settings page

Post by JonW »

We've bookmarked it for you! The final 4.0 version firmware is scheduled to be released in the next few days. With that release, the new help documentation has been put online and from there, you have a link to the utilities. If you wish to get a jump on checking out the docs, just click any of the "?" icons within the current 4.0 beta. Note that each different "?" icon within the BCS will take you to that specific help doc section.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Good idea! Added to the final 4.0 release.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

How about adding the Firmware update Bin download link to the BCS Utilities on the web as well. Since a link to the BCS Utilities is right under the version in Settings, it makes it a great place to go get it. One stop shopping for the update/variables/backup/migrator. And while there, add a link to the new documentation on the web page. The toggle Help is great but if I want to get to all the Help, that link would be in a "normal" place for the BCS. Maybe a link to the Forum as well.