BCS 4.0.0 firmware released

Things to come.
brahn
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0.0 firmware released

Post by brahn »

Yes, the same file works for both 460 and 462.
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

deleted post. I actually got it to work :D
kerdiehl

Post by kerdiehl »

Anybody have any ideas why I can't get settings to load with Chrome, but can get settings in with IE?
Probably obvious, but I'm missing it.

Also, whatever happened to the on-screen discrete inputs? Pretty valuable when you are brewing remotely...
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

kerdiehl wrote:Anybody have any ideas why I can't get settings to load with Chrome, but can get settings in with IE?
Probably obvious, but I'm missing it.

Also, whatever happened to the on-screen discrete inputs? Pretty valuable when you are brewing remotely...
Shouldn't be any issues with Chrome. Not exactly sure what you mean by "can't get settings to load" though.

Din's still show on the main screen.
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

Congrats on the new release. Really nice piece of work! A few grumps still.... so am wondering if you have a bucket topic to collect these to address and/or consider for future releases???

First, ref my earlier posting (http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2715)
A further hard to explain issue is that under certain circumstances, I can only change [Celcius] values to integers under Recipe Values - it won’t accept any decimal points. The integer values are then reflected in the BCS program (e.g. 66.7 input in the Recipe Values truncates to 66 which renders as 66 in the BCS). This is weird because if I go into the BCS process editor and change (say) all instances of mash-temp to 66.7 C, the Recipe Value does then show the correct value (66.7 C).
As a follow up I posted a (repeatable) example
I have a mash-temp variable mapped to my mash process states A “HERMS” (HLT PID set point temp) and B “Mash temp” (HLT exit condition temp) respectively. I open a tab for recipe utility and another for BCS (on process editor) and hit refresh when going from one to another. The routine is as follows:

3. Open recipe utility and change mash-temp variable from 66.8 to say 72.8 (I tried a range of non-integer nos with same result). The number truncates to 72 and won’t allow any decimals.

4. Open BCS, refresh, find that both A and B have changed to 72, then the interesting bit.

5. I change the temp value directly in BCS under B to 72.8 (n.b. I get a blue then red outline when I add the decimal; also tried with other non-integers). Reverting to the recipe utility and refreshing, the value has changed to 72.8.

6. However, if I repeat the above (5.) but instead change the value directly in A, (n.b. I get a blue outline), reverting to the recipe utility and refreshing, the value has NOT changed.
I'm using Celcius for my temps (live in England) so yeah, the decimal point is important to us metric guys :shock:.

Second - I've not rechecked this, but last evening trying to add new temperature and duty cycle figures into the BCP process editor using my iPad (first time I've tried this as normal use my Mac), the system was repeating whatever I typed, so temp 68.7 would become 6688..77 or 75%duty cycle would become 7755 and revert to 100 when hitting return. Maybe some tweaks needed here?

Thanks.
Pesho77

Post by Pesho77 »

This new version looks great guys.

Very well done

Pesh
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Discussion about TFTP has been moved to a separate thread so we can keep that conversation separate from the 4.0 release.
http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=2736
astephon88

Post by astephon88 »

Is/will the firmware be posted elsewhere besides this forum? The old wiki documentation only looks to have the 3.x releases, and I'm not seeing a link to firmwares in the new documentation
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

astephon88 wrote:Is/will the firmware be posted elsewhere besides this forum? The old wiki documentation only looks to have the 3.x releases, and I'm not seeing a link to firmwares in the new documentation
The old wiki is only for 3.x versions and will not contain links to the new firmware. The new docs will be updated with a link. Additionally, I plan on doing e-mail blasts to registered forum users alerting them to new firmware updates as they are released.
Baron Ken

Post by Baron Ken »

Hey guys. The new version looks pretty good. I'm coming off a 4 year brewing hiatus so I'll have to dig into the new code, of course. ;)

I'm going to switch from using my ekeggle and cooler to doing eBIAB with recirculation using just the ekeggle. Way simple for the BCS, but I have fun messing with the BCS anyway.