BCS 4.0.0 firmware released

Things to come.
brahn
Bot?: No

BCS 4.0.0 firmware released

Post by brahn »

This post is announcing the final release version of the 4.0 firmware. This is production ready firmware ready to be used on any existing BCS device.

Please see the new user manual available at: http://docs.embeddedcc.com/

The 4.0 firmware is a complete rewrite from the 3.x series firmware. The major differences are:
  • Totally redesigned responsive UI
  • REST / JSON based API to make developing for the BCS much easier
  • Some functionality has been moved out of the firmware to utility application suite
  • Data Logging re-imagined to make it easier for 3rd party logging applications to log data, but on-device logging is more minimal
  • No Manual Mode or HMI. HMI is planned for a future release, at this time there is no plan for Manual Mode to return.
The following is the changelog since the last public beta release for anyone currently running that version:
  • Remove 20/30s reset options
  • Set duty_cycle to 0 when below pulse_width_min, instead of using pulse_width_min as a floor. fixes #190
  • Fix din debounce after all stop is issued. fixes #189
  • Allow authentication when using CORS requests. Do not require authentication for OPTIONS request and allow Authorization header in CORS requests.
  • Update ladder logic after updating outputs. closes #200
  • Replaced link to wiki with link to new manual.
  • Added a link to the BCS Utilities from the settings page.

NOTE THAT THERE IS A NOW A NEWER RELEASED VERSION 4.0.1
http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2807
Attachments
bcs460.bin
4.0.0 build c5bda61
(174.31 KiB) Downloaded 3032 times
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS 4.0.0 firmware released

Post by JonW »

Wahoo!

For those that have been on the fence because of the "beta" status of the other releases, you really should give this a try. The interface is incredibly faster and gives a much better "heads up" display. If there is something missing from 4.0 that you really need, you can always downgrade back to the 3.x series firmware.

A couple of things I want to point out for those that are new to the 4.x version and even new for those that were beta testing.

Throughout all the BCS web screens, you will see ( ? ) icons on the far right side of the screen. These icons hotlink directly to the help topic for that specific item. No more going to the wiki looking for the info you need! These docs are still being updated, but the majority of the docs are complete.

The other item to note is that there is a link right on the "Settings" screen that will link you right to the BCS utilities. These utilities include the recipe variable utility, the backup/restore utility, the PID tuner and the 3.x config migrator.

brewmasterbrad

Post by brewmasterbrad »

Great news. This calls for a toast!
Ryanryates

Post by Ryanryates »

Excellent, thanks for all of your hard work!
BrunDog

Post by BrunDog »

Woo hoo!!

-BD
BrunDog

Post by BrunDog »

Heck yeah... I am upgraded. My steps:

1. Backup my config using the Backup/Restore utility.
2. Upgrade firmware using HS-TFTP (the website link on the ECC wiki page is dead - I had to use the version I had).
3. Use the new finder to find the IP address (because my static IP was now erased).
4. Login to it... change the network settings back to the static IP I previously used. Reset.
5. Login to it again using static IP address.
6. Restore using the utility.

Boom! Thanks for fixing the ladder logic priority!

-BD
brahn

Post by brahn »

Glad to hear everything worked!
newtstampede

Post by newtstampede »

Just planning an Brett Saison for sometime this week. I will have to flash this over tomorrow to check it out.
Broph

Post by Broph »

Just updated mine to the new release. Thank you for all of the hard work put into this.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
kwhizr

Post by kwhizr »

Great news! I take it the BCS-460.bin file attached to the post also works for BCS-462? Or is there another file to be released?